Is anyone buying the Disney Princess American Girl dolls?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I saw that last year Disney has teamed up with American Girl and launched a series of Disney Princess American Girl dolls and I am wondering if anyone has been buying them? Last year the line began with a Belle doll a Jasmine doll and a Rapunzel doll and now American Girl has added an Ariel doll a Tiana doll and a Cinderella doll and I cannot see how these dolls are selling because of the high price and I think what Disney should've done instead with American Girl is sell the Disney Princess outfits rather than develop the Disney Princess American Girl Dolls because I can guarantee that these dolls will go on clearance for real cheap. Because if you look at an American Girl catalog you'll notice that they are using everything in popular movies and book series and even sports teams to make merchandise for the dolls such as Wicked and Harry Potter and they have NFL sportswear for the dolls and I can guarantee if the Disney Princess dolls are selling most likely Disney will add Mouseketeer fashions and Minnie Mouse costumes for American Girl and American Girl's Bitty Baby line will add Disney Princess baby dolls and Winnie The Pooh fashions for Bitty Baby too

Maybe it's because I'm a childless millennial but I immediately purchased the Cinderella and all her outfits for my niece. She'll get the doll for her birthday this month and the outfits for Easter. I know she loves Cinderella since that's who she was for Halloween last year.

But then because I want to be fair I also purchased Ariel for her sister, she's smaller so I may have to wait a year or go to give her the doll but I didn't want to give something to one I wouldn't give the other.

I also NEVER had anything from American Girl growing up because they have always been expensive so I don't see how this Disney collaboration is any different. I understand it's out of many people budgets but I guess to me that's what barbie is for because that's what my parents worked with? Lol

Looks like the American Girl Rapunzel and Belle dolls have sold out... But back in the day, at least until 2006/2007, Disney did have their own "My Disney Girl" doll that was like American Girl dolls with their own Disney outfits. My daughter (now 23) has a blonde one, named now Cindy (because she was purchased in Magic Kingdom), and with the Tinker Belle and I think Minnie Mouse outfits. Dolls were the same size as the American Girl ones, so there were a lot of trading outfits amongst her dolls.

I think that American Girl "as I mentioned before in my opening post" is trying to market Disney related items for the dolls and these Princess dolls are the very first step to making that a reality. Because I think while the dolls are nice as I also mentioned they will sell on clearance faster for a lower price and if these dolls are huge selling American Girl might have dolls dressed in Disney character outfits dressed as Mouseketeers and they might make accessories such as doll size character plushies pretend autograph books and vacation wear and it would sell. But I think when this line was introduced American Girl was afraid it would fail

I also mainly think the reason why Disney decided to team up with American Girl was to see how Disney fans would react to American Girl teaming up with Disney to try to make a home run out of the ballpark to sell American Girl dolls dressed as Disney Princess characters. Because when you put Disney Princess on any type of doll from baby dolls to fashion dolls they know little girls will go after it quickly and it will sell out. I think if the Disney Princess American Girl dolls continue to sell they might develop other Disney stuff for regular American Girl dolls in the future. When you get the general picture Disney Princess is a top brand for Disney and seems to make them tons of money but American Girl might have competition with Disney Store's ILY doll line

American Girl has just added new outfits for the American Girl Disney dolls and the outfits they have released are Tiana's ballgown Tiana's work dress Ariel's human outfit from the tour of the kingdom scene in The Little Mermaid and Cinderella's work dress pink ballgown and the classic blue ballgown. If you got the recent catalog from American Girl this week the dolls are featured on the cover. Disney and American Girl are sure gonna really hit a home run out of the ballpark with this doll series. But the one doll that is a disappointment is the Princess Tiana doll because she is Addy redressed as Princess Tiana and the Tiana doll uses the same Addy face mold and it shocked me. I hope they add Raya Merida and Moana next in the series

What makes you think they will fail when they are selling out? How are you guaranteeing that they will be on clearance?

American Girl dolls are expensive. The target audience for them can afford them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter