• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is animation the future of TV?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Watched tonights episode of The Blacklist and at the end they hinted at an episode unlike any other for next week, showing an animated scene. So I had to Google.

Production got shutdown before filming finished for the season. They opted to complete the season by filling in the unfilmed scenes with animation. The voice overs and animation was all done remotely.

The future of TV? At least for awhile?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/blacklist-turns-animation-complete-season-finale-1293381

Outside of South Park, animation takes a bit of time to produce. I think more time than a TV show for original material.

Plus it's still kind of a niche genre for adults, so I don't know how much of a ratings draw it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter