Is an early check in possible?? (SSR....?)

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I have a simple question. Before I ask, I am aware that check in time is 4pm and check out is 11am. I have 12+ Disney trips under my belt. However, this will be my first trip "home" so to speak...:)!! I have arrived at other Disney hotels and checked in even at noon before.

What has been your experience with checking in at SSR villas? We are going to arrive somewhere between 10am-12noon our first day (we are driving). We probably will want to rest up before we get into too much that day (we have a 16+ hr drive).

Has anyone checked into their villa prior to noon here?

thanks,
Esmerelda

I have checked in fairly early and gotten my studio. I can't recall what time.

However, a LOT depends on when you are going. For example, when I checked near Christmas it was 4 PM before I got my room. And remember, that DVC busy dates don't always correspond to hotel busy dates....

(Personally this is why I would never drive 16 straight hours... you could then have another four hours before you get to your room... at that point the day is shot!)

Alot depends on how full they were the night before. If it was soldout, chances are they will not have many rooms ready by noon. If they had empty rooms the night before, you may have a chance to get one of those.

I noticed you show your location as Paris, France. Where are you driving from? You may want to stop at an inexpensive hotel to get some sleep and arrive a little later.

When we stayed at BWV we have never been able to get in before the 4:00 official check-in time. But when we were at BCV in June, we were in our villa at 2:30. We checked in at 1:15 and arrived via DME. I don't know if that had any bearing on the process. Some say it does, that DME alerts the resort that you are there and will be arriving shortly which allows them to start readying your room early.

Depends. I checked in at SSR once at 7:05 AM and got our 2 bedroom immediately.

In august ... we drove 22 hours straight and arrived at OKW at 7am.

They checked us right in ( with a choice of location) ... we showered ... and were at EPCOT for opening.

Okay...adding more question here...

We are going home for the first time to SSR, arriving 12/18...should be hitting the door at the Carriage House around 1:00pm (ish...have an 11:10am arrival at MCO, then a grocery stop with Tiffany). I understand that it's a busy time and our room may not be ready, but any guesses IF we might be able to get into our 1 BDR villa by the more experienced DISsers? Also, since we may not be able to get in our room, they will need to stow our groceries as well as the luggage. Not a problem, I know they can do this. My question is how good is the grocery stow? Where do they keep the stuff and how do they know which Publix bag is mine? And how good is it? Does the frozed stuff stay frozen? The milk not go bad? Yeah, I guess I'm being a bit paranoid.

Thanks for your help!

momsgoofy said:
Okay...adding more question here...

We are going home for the first time to SSR, arriving 12/18...should be hitting the door at the Carriage House around 1:00pm (ish...have an 11:10am arrival at MCO, then a grocery stop with Tiffany). I understand that it's a busy time and our room may not be ready, but any guesses IF we might be able to get into our 1 BDR villa by the more experienced DISsers? Also, since we may not be able to get in our room, they will need to stow our groceries as well as the luggage. Not a problem, I know they can do this. My question is how good is the grocery stow? Where do they keep the stuff and how do they know which Publix bag is mine? And how good is it? Does the frozed stuff stay frozen? The milk not go bad? Yeah, I guess I'm being a bit paranoid.

Thanks for your help!

Last Thanksgiving we transferred from SSR to BWV mid-stay. The resorts were very busy as you can imagine. Our experience with groceries was phenominal! Bell services came and packed up our groceries and took our luggage at about 8-9am. We checked in at BWV...no room ready. We got back in to our room around 4pm, called and got our groceries/luggage. Everything was exceptionally kept including the eggs and frozen pizza :cool1:

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. There are countless examples of people getting into their room before 4pm, and just as many examples of people having to wait until 4pm. There's no way to predict what might happen. Have a plan ready to occupy your time until 4pm or adjust your travel schedule.

All of the DVC resorts have facilities to store refrigerated and frozen items. Make sure that your items are properly segregated by storage type, and preferrably pre-labeled "REFRIGERATE" or "FREEZE". Mistakes do happen, but this will help minimize the possibility.

tjkraz said:
Plan for the worst and hope for the best. There are countless examples of people getting into their room before 4pm, and just as many examples of people having to wait until 4pm. There's no way to predict what might happen. Have a plan ready to occupy your time until 4pm or adjust your travel schedule.

All of the DVC resorts have facilities to store refrigerated and frozen items. Make sure that your items are properly segregated by storage type, and preferrably pre-labeled "REFRIGERATE" or "FREEZE". Mistakes do happen, but this will help minimize the possibility.

Your advice is how I'm looking at it...hope for the room to be ready, but plan that it won't.

I try to get my groceries segregated for every trip...even at home which is why I tend to use the self check out, but hadn't thought about putting labels on the bags...guess I'll make sure I've got a sharpie ready just in case.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter