• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a third day worth it if we have to leave early afternoon?

Teacups&Roses

Earning My Ears
We are headed to DLR June 9th-12th. Our flight from LAX doesn’t land until late, so our first day in the parks is the 10th. We head to LA for the rest of the week on the 12th and have plans that night. Is it worth it to get the three day ticket if we cannot dedicate a full day to the parks?

Part of me wants to get the 3 day for the Magic Morning, and also take advantage of the lower crowds compared to the weekend. Also it’s my BF and our friends first time there, and my first one in over a decade. Another part of me wants to use that money for maybe a character breakfast at one of the hotels that morning and walk around Downtown Disney.

Any advice is appreciated!

Yes! Between being able to do a MM and having an entire morning to do rides you missed or want to do again, I would get the third day in a heartbeat.

I guess it depends what you're doing later that night. If it's going to be negatively impacted by having spent half a day in theme park or there's a possibility of getting stuck in traffic will make you miss it, then it might not be worth it.

Yes! When we go on weekends as a family, we do like 9 or 10am to 1-2 pm and it's plenty of time to do a lot. If you are there right at opening, even better.

Absolutely. We always do that - we generally leave around 2:30 in the afternoon to drive back to Phoenix.

I think the MM makes it worth it. We get soooooo much more done in the mornings than we do in the afternoons, I think the extra ~$70 for a three day makes sense, even if you leave early.

Yes, worth it for the first hour Alone! Plus it only like $20 extra dollars I think!

Midnightred

With magic mornings up until around 11am is when you get most done in a day anyways so I say absolutely it's worth it.

No question, another go-for-it vote here. Faced this dilemma both ways (leaving before Noon and arriving after 5:00) on a two-day versus three-day park hopper. It was WELL worth it IMHO. MM did not factor into our decision because we were on property, but MM is a huge added value--you can get a lot done in that hour.

We don't generally get to the parks until about 2pm but still get a pass for the day. Even though we only get half a day it is worth it for us. Go to the park for a few hours, check into the hotel and then back to the park for dinner and an evening of fun.

Next trip will be a half day on arrival day and half day on our last day.

Seems like the three day is the best option, Thanks everyone! I guess more time in a disney park is never a bad thing :)
That's great you decided on 3 day tickets! The cost of 3-day vs. 2-day would be about the same as a Character Meal after tax/gratuity anyway. We almost always have a half day on the last day of our trips, and I find it helpful to plan a "last hurrah" that can always be done, no matter how crowded the Parks are, so you're not running around as the time to leave creeps up, and feel let down if you try to get on one last ride everything has too long a wait. Sometimes Fastpass return times help set our last ride, so we know we can finish our half day with a big ride like Radiator Springs Racers or Space Mountain, but there are small things that are fun to end on too, like doing the castle walkthrough in DL or Animation Academy in DCA, which never have a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter