Is 4 days enough?

pktbMouse

DIS Veteran
We are on a mega tight budget this year that means we will only get 4 days in the parks, Im wondering if its worth it. Would you fly from Houston to Orlando for only 4 days? I know if I ask the kids they would say yes, we normally go for 7 days. Such a bummer as we had to replace our AC system and dont have the funds to go for as long this year. Ya think 4 days would be ok?

If that was the only option for me, then yes, it would be worth it. I would rather have a short visit than none at all. Is driving an option? That could possibly buy you an extra day.

We've done 4 days a couple of times. AK & Epcot are 1/2 day parks for us anyway and then we can still have 2 days at MK & 1 at HS.

Driving could be a good option. Currently planning a 6 day trip where I am driving from Waco. The savings on driving is a little more then half of that if my family were to fly from DFW or Austin. Of course, that depends on how many people are going. We have four.

It would be worth it or you could go to Disney land as well and stay offsite at DL.

FOr WDW you can split the days if you have Park hoppers.

2 days MK
1 Epcot
One AK ->HS

or you could

2 days MK
1 Epcot -> HS
1 AK ->HS

2 days MK
1 Epcot -> HS
1 AK ->Epcot

Lots of diffrent ways.

4 days is better than no days! I'd go! If you have been before then pick and choose what you want to but be prepared for LONG days in the park. We like to go at least 6 days. We go to MK 2.5 days (2 full and 1/2 on departure day) and Epcot for 1.5 days (1 full and go on arrival day) and HS for 1 day and AK for 1 day then go to a resort dinner the night of AK day. If I had to do it in 4 days I would! Just spend one less day at EP and 1 less at MK, go to AK on departure day. We drive so leaving AK around 2pm is not an issue?

It would be worth it or you could go to Disney land as well and stay offsite at DL.

FOr WDW you can split the days if you have Park hoppers.

Lots of diffrent ways.

Yes you could go to DL too and 4 days is perfect! We stay at Hojo or Marriot's Fairfield Inn when we go to DL!

We have done 4 days before. It is just a different trip. But a WDW trip none-the-less :goodvibes

We do HS on arrival day. It is a half day for us anyway.

1 day at each park, and we do DTD on our AK day since it usually closes early anyway.

We were exhausted when we got home, but oh well, We went to Disney World! :thumbsup2

unfortunatly driving is not an option this year for us hubby dosnt have enough time off work, we just got the flights booked with United and managed to get 5 nights at the Music resort. May 6th to May 11th.... Monday to Saturday. Got a great deal on flights. I getting the 5 day park ticket. The flight should get us in Orlando at noon so we can be in MK by say 5 pm and be there till 11pm that night at least. That kinda gives us an extra 6 hours on top of the 4 full park days. You guys were all right, better that no trip at all right? Our flight home is not till 6pm so Im swithering wether to add a sixth day to the ticket and go for a half day at the park...not sure if we would be cutting it a bit fine. Right now the kids are under the impression we are not going at all so they will be happy to know they are going even if it is for shorter this year. I guess I really am gratefull that we are managing to get there at all and I should be thankful for what we are getting...HEY....were going to DISNEY!!!! yayyyyyy

You know, if you were truly dedicated you would have put up with TX heat without the A/C so you could stay longer at Disney. ;)

And I think you'll have a great 4 days. :thumbsup2

I do 4 day trips quite often. PH are a must to get the most out of the trip. I still manage to visit all of the parks and get in my must dos.

I think if you are a regular visitor then 4 days is fine; we have done it a number of times including next month. You will be able to see the New Fantasyland attractions, ride your favorites, eat a few meals at your favorite places. Just walking down Main St is ALWAYS worth it.

I always do shorter visits (about five days). Money is tight and I enjoy staying on site, so I look for good deals and using points on travel to save money. I am a single person, so that does work for me. WDW is a special place no matter how long you go. One of the nicest visits was a day at Epcot with Mom after saying goodbye to a family member. It was such a happy moment for her.

mom2rtk......LOL your right, shame on me, shame shame...LOL :rotfl2:

I feel for you. We had a furnace go out (we have one upstairs and one downstairs) within a couple weeks of a Disney trip twice in 3 trips.

At least we were "lucky" enough for it to be so close to trip time it was too late to scale back. ;)

And given what we found out about upcoming changes in furnace regulations, I'm actually somewhat glad it went when it did. If it had happened 6 months later, it would have cost us an additional $1K.

We always stay for 6 nights but only get park tickets for 4 days. We get park hopper tickets and split the days-that has always given us enough time in the parks.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that you can have a great vacation no matter the length. It will be different, but just as wonderful. If you want to go, go. I've done three separate two-day trips. And they've all been awesome.

We've done four days and it was fun.

Do you plan to get hoppers or save the money? If you don't get hoppers, I would consider two days at MK, one at Epcot and one at Animal Kingdom. Or if MK is not as high a priority for the kids, one day at each of the parks.

We always ran like crazy but had a great time.

Just this past December, we flew in early on December 13th and flew out late December 17th. It was the only way to squeeze in a trip for me last year, so we did it. It did feel kind of short, but it was still nice to get away for a few days. Our flights are just short of 3 hours, in case you were wondering.

I flew from Illinois for a 4 day trip last year. Heck, I flew there for a 3 day trip last week!!

My DH is a grad student and I work full time, so between school/work schedules and budget, that 3 day trip was the only way I could squeeze in a trip this year. I got a great deal on airfare/rental car and did the stay/play/dine deal at Pop. The entire trip was about $1700. I was pretty proud of myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter