• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is $105 too much for BCV resale

gwilliamc

Earning My Ears
There are all 2014, 2015 points available on a 100 pt contract Dec. use year. I see that asking prices are high and I'm worried that the counter offer I received is still too high? Are people paying this for this property?

What would a fair price be when it's a sellers market? I don't want to be had but I really want BCV

Someone more mathematically inclined will come along and do the arithmetic for you, but if BCV is selling direct at $130, then you are saving $25pp, so $2500 on a 100 point contract. Closing costs will be around $300-400, and depending on what broker you are using they should be able to quote you any other fees. You are receiving no 2013 points, so you should not be paying any MF until Jan, 2014.

Based on this you are saving around $2k. That doesn't sound like a lot to me, but we are all different.

BCV was hovering around the mid $80's back in spring, so it has jumped considerably, along with the rest of the market. I've seen recent threads with folks paying $115 or $120 for BCV, so sellers are getting their price right now in a hot market. Wait and it may change. Or it may not.

Here's an active thread that may help.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179576

December use year means that they don't have points for this year....and basically you are short a whole year. You don't get December 2014 till next year. So I would say 95 is closer to what it should be. However, I would say 100 might be what they would accept. Did you make an offer?

I think I will keep my final offer at that $100 mark - if they don't accept then its not the right one for me. I feel everything happens for a reason. I know it's not the same use year of my existing membership and maybe that is why it's not meant to be?

Frankly, to make it worth the 2 month wait in front of you before the sale is finalized, I'd make sure the accepting bid was $98/pt or lower.

JMO but I've little patience and am bad at waiting :bitelip: (for anything - including Disney buses ::yes::)

It is really you decision however, I know from experience that once you get a contract, the first thing you want to do is plan a vacation. A fully loaded contract is much better and worth the wait. However if you are not in a hurry to use it, go for it. What works for one does not always work for some one else.

I haven't been watching the resale market

How many 100 point BCV contracts come up - I take it you are looking for a "less than 150" point contract - those tend to be harder to find, go for a premium and move fast when listed.

If I had that BCV contract right now and I countered at $105 and you came back again with less, I'd tell the broker to drop contact. If you came back and say "oh, ok, $105" I'd say "nope, sorry, you had your chance, I'll take my chances I can find another buyer." Its quite possible that the seller is more interested in negotiating than I would be - its also quite possible that the broker has other offers in the hopper. If you've been watching the market, you will probably have a better idea than I do about the likelihood - how many 100 point BCV contracts are out there? How fast do they move? Have prices stablized or are they still going up ($100 this month or $105 next month - I'll wait for the $105 next month if I'm the seller - I can rent those points this year and see what the market is like next year, I'm not in that much of a rush).

Of course, if the difference between $100 and $105 is what makes the contract affordable to you, you should offer $100 and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter