Is 10 Too Old To Dress Up For A Character Breakfast?

A

adisneynut

DD loves to play dress up and loves all the Disney Princesses. She wants to get a costume and dress up for her next trip to the World. Do you think she will be embarrassed or made to feel uncomfortable if she does dress up.

When we there last September there was a girl about 13 dressed as sleeping Beauty. She looked very beautiful and everyone made a big fuss over her. Sleeping beauty even took her around to a few tables with her introducing her as her little sister. I say go for it.

Allison

Originally posted by adisneynut
DD loves to play dress up and loves all the Disney Princesses. She wants to get a costume and dress up for her next trip to the World. Do you think she will be embarrassed or made to feel uncomfortable if she does dress up.

Where have I seen this before? :rolleyes:

As I said elsewhere - go for it! :cool:
I'm sure your DD will have a ball! :)

Just trying to cover all the bases. Thanks for the encouragement. She is a little shy and maybe this will help her. Enjoy your trip.

Allison now I feel alot better knowing that other older children have done this. Thanks for the info. ;)

No little girl is too old to be a princess! :) :)

Dressing up is not only for the young....it's for the young at heart. As long as SHE wants to do it, it sounds like she would have a good time.

Enjoy!

We just went to WDW about a month ago and my 10yo DD dressed up! She went as Belle and dressed her 18in doll in the same costume and carried her along. She was planning on changing as soon as we were done with the breakfast but she got so much attention from her outfit she stayed in it until she was just too hot. I was so glad she decided to go ahead with this as she probably won't want to(or be able to unless I make the costume-she just fits into the biggest Disney ones) in 2 years when we hope to go again. It truly was a magical experience for her(and me too!) ;)

My DD also has a Bell collector doll. I know what you mean about the size. Disney use to make 14-16 clothing for children you think that they would still. You can find a few XL costumes at the DD store. However this year we are going to get an adult constume. Our daughter is almost 5ft. tall already. I hope I don't regret buying the adult costume.

IMO, if she really wants to do it (and you want to pay for it ;) ) then I say go for it.

My 10 yr. old who thinks she's a teenager sometimes decided to wear a sparkeling purple crown to CRT during our first WDW trip. She wore it with a pretty sundress.

The princesses complimented her on it and she was delighted. I was thrilled to see her so caught up in the magic that she could be a little girl again (and in public!). It is one of my favorite memories. She changed clothes and took off the crown afterward and went back to being "cool". Luckily, I have lots of photos to prove it happened.

So...let her dress up if she wants to. Our little girls will soon be grown!

LOL I'm a big kid! I'm 35 years old and my husband keeps trying to buy me the adult Snow White costume to wear for our 2 princess breakfasts at the casle and Norway. I probably would let him if it wasn't for my mom and in-laws. I don't want to embarass them ;)

no, I know an "adult" who likes to dress up in Disney costumes. In fact there are a few out there who like to dress up.

You are never ever to old to dress up at a disney breakfast(i'm 13 and i did when i was 11...but stopped after that) and so what if ppl laugh or make fun of it if she is haveing fun why do those party poopers matter?if she wants to dress up let her i doubt anyone will even notice. besides it fun...hope this helps;)

I was able to find a Snow White and an Aurora costume for her. I had to call Disneyland to find them but they are on the way here. She is really happy about this now she has to decide who she wants to be. Also today at Wal-mart we ran across patches with the Disney Pricesses on them and we had to get a few. Thanks for everything and all your kind advice. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter