Irma, Results for Canceling/Rescheduling ONLY (no debate or if you should or shouldn't)

We were due to check in on 9/13 at Riverside (AP rate room). Last night we decided to move our trip back to the last week of September...Riverside wasn't available but Coronado was, still at the AP rate. We just this evening decided to upgrade to Yacht Club, still at AP rate.

I did all of this online and it worked out okay. Initially I had trouble changing to YC (the billing page on Disney's website wouldn't let me select my country or state when I went to pay the deposit??), so I called the reservations line and was on hold for about 30 minutes. The CM transferred me to Guest Services saying she couldn't find that AP rate. I was on hold there for an hour and then decided to try changing to YC again on an iPad - that actually did work so I hung up after an hour of being on hold.

Overall we've been lucky with moving everything (lost some good FP+ but what can ya do?). Our only outstanding issue is attempting to get a refund from United for one of our flights - we canceled our return flight last night and found today that they're issuing travel waivers. If only we'd waited one day! The flight we initially booked was pretty cheap so if it doesn't work out, we'll lose about $175. I'm not expecting them to give us a refund but may as well try! But our flight there was on Southwest - easy to move as we booked on points and the new flight is cheaper! I consider us lucky if we can come out of this having just lost the United flight.

Good luck to everyone trying to rebook, and to all the Floridians on this board. Stay safe!

Last edited:
I originally was going to WDW from the 11-22. I changed my flight to the 13th instead. I had no problem taking the first two days off my room only vacation online via the "modify" button. I was able to keep my original discount and the reservation number is the same. I imagine it would be different if I was trying to add on days. I was really happy I could do this myself and not have to get on the phone.

woke up to canceled a jetblue flight home, so now moving our entire trip.

tried to cancel our delta flight down online but couldn't do that so had to call. hold time was about 30 minutes using the call back feature. able to get full value flight credit that we used towards our rebooked flights

jetblue did not allow me to get refund online (they offer refund if the flight is canceled by them) so I am currently on hold with them (estimated wait time >30 minutes)

also now on hold with Disney (estimated wait time >60 minutes) in order to cancel/move our resort reservations.

has anyone had success with guest services about getting fastpasses? availability for 2 weeks from now are dismal.

Good luck everyone!

I am the trip coordinator for a non-profit. I had recipients scheduled to fly in on Sunday 9/10 via JetBlue to AoA Cars Suite, and flying back on 9/10.

Since these trips are SO important for our recipient families (all of whom have a parent with a life-threatening illness), I was watching Irma closely from the get go.

On Tuesday I got alternate possible dates from the mom, with the message that pushing one week was their first choice, as next available date for the family was well into October. And waiting, with a husband/dad with Stage 4 cancer, is always a risk.

One message to JetBlue, well in advance of their fee waiver announcement, got them on the exact same flights one week later (well, 9/16 and 9/23). No changes fees/no change in fare. Our travel agent had to spend considerable time on hold, but managed to get their booking changed to the same accessible AoA suite for the new dates, no change fees, but an increase of $340 in the cost of the room.

I think if I'd waited another 24 hours, the outcome would have been very different.

We were originally scheduled to come in Saturday, the 9th. I called Disney this morning (Waited an hour to talk to someone), and she was able to move our dates to Sept 28-Oct 5. She was not able to give us the AP discount, but she said guest services could. She said they did it for a guest she spoke with yesterday. So now I'm on hold waiting for Guest Services...2 hours and 15 minutes total so far.

Super bummed with losing my FPs...I had FoP booked a couple days.

She was not able to give us the AP discount, but she said guest services could.
That's amazing if they could do that. Let us know how it goes.

I gave up waiting on hold this AM since I had to go to work. I tried the chat function on the disney website: waited about 20 minutes for someone to tell me that I needed to call to make those changes. :/

Luckily I found FoP for our rescheduled dates but basically planning our itinerary around that one set of fastpasses.

Original Plan:
Was booked to be there from Friday Sept 8th - Wednesday 13th.
All-Star Music Resort
Fam Suite
2 adults

Reschedule:
After 2 hours of my boyfriend on the phone waiting, getting nothing and for me, 3 hours on the phone, we were finally able to reschedule. The new plan is to be there Tuesday 12th to Sunday 17th. Same suite in the same resort. Even our flights seem to be handled well and were moved to accommodate the new dates we picked.

I do have to note that we don't have a free dining plan or anything, not even fast-passes. I assume thats the reason for a somewhat easy move of schedule.

Well, still on hold waiting for Guest Services. It's been about 3 hours on hold (expected hold time was 2 hours...so hopefully they'll pick up soon)... Total of 4.5 hours so far on the line with Disney.

finally got through to reservations and switched dates of our original reservation but were unable to get the same room category with AP discount.

when I asked to be transferred to guest services, the CM I spoke to essentially said that guest services wouldn't be able to do anything beyond what she could do. it seems like they are trying to veer people away from guest services.

most bummed about the lost fastpasses and dining reservations.

finally got through to reservations and switched dates of our original reservation but were unable to get the same room category with AP discount.

when I asked to be transferred to guest services, the CM I spoke to essentially said that guest services wouldn't be able to do anything beyond what she could do. it seems like they are trying to veer people away from guest services.

most bummed about the lost fastpasses and dining reservations.

Either she was a supervisor working the phones because of the increased call volume or she gave you bad information. I know it doesn't matter as you got what you needed but Guest Services can do more than a front line phone CM.

Well, still on hold waiting for Guest Services. It's been about 3 hours on hold (expected hold time was 2 hours...so hopefully they'll pick up soon)... Total of 4.5 hours so far on the line with Disney.
Hopefully you got through! I just got through to Guest Services after a 4.5 hour wait. (Total wait from original call was 5.5 hrs.) She was able to take two days off of the beginning of our trip and add them to the end. We were originally scheduled to arrive Sun, Sept 10. We were able to keep the free dining, so the wait was worth it!

Originally my dates were September 9-13, Enchanted Escape package at All Star Movies. When Irma started to concern everyone but was thought to maybe not impact Disney much I add a room only night for September 8 so I could get there before the airport starting closing. As it became more apparent the storm could have a greater impact in the Orlando area, my agent called (4 hour wait on the phone!) and rescheduled both reservations for me. I am now at POP, room only-no discount for October 21st and Magical Holidays package for October 22-25. I come out about even verses 5 nights in September to 4 nights in October at a value resort.

Now I need to call and exchange my MNSSHP ticket for September 10th but since I am at work I cannot stay on the phone for hours. My agent didn't book that ticket me so I need to call Disney myself.

After 5 hours and 56 minutes, Guest Services finally picked up. He applied the AP discount to our reservation, no questions asked. He also was able to refund our Beverage Seminars. He sounded extremely tired. I can't even imagine what they have had to deal with the past couple days. I'm sure he's spoken to some pretty irate people... I tried to be as nice as possible because he just sounded so exhausted!

We (parents and one child) were scheduled to arrive today 9/7 I called on 9/5 and was told to try to make a decision by noon day prior to checkin. I called on 9/6 at 8am. almost 4hour wait total because I initially called the reservations/bounceback number I was told to call this number when I inquired on 9/5. Reservations said last update they received wasnt enough for refund and that I either kept the reservation or lost entire payment. I told her the website and policy reads differently than what she was telling me. She said she didnt know how to adjust this because it was a "dead offer" from bounceback. I said I was well aware this was bounceback booked september 2016. She transferred me to guest service this was the 3hr wait. On another phone I called guest service on my own and got through quicker than the transfer call. I explained everything and they started looking to reschedule, said I would lose free dining but suggested ticketless dining. We booked 5 nights in October 15% discount due to pin I had but there was a holiday package with similar rates. They added ticketless dining and I ended up with a refund where I am able to buy just 2day hoppers vs 3day. So we lost free dining, but got a room discount. And lost one day of tickets.. Its not the greatest but at least it works and they had options. Last september we went to mnsshp and it was rained out, for whoever got on line at the park in the storm, they issued a code to get future tickets in person. The reason we were returning was to use our code on 9/10. If we had a longer trip scheduled we would not have cancelled but we figured even if Disney is prepared it was going to take away at least 2-3 days from the park. Hope this info helps someone.

I had never heard of ticketless dining. Seems great for AP holders if they get a room discount too.

I am glad we got october dates where public free dining is not active because I was able to get all our ADRs back except for BOG.

what is the direct number for gu
On another phone I called guest service on my own and got through quicker than the transfer call.

I had never heard of ticketless dining. Seems great for AP holders if they get a room discount too.

What is the direct number for Guest services?
How does ticketless dining work?

How does ticketless dining work?

In the past, the only way to get the dining plan was to book a package consisting of room and tickets. Then they started allowing guests to book a ticketless package of room and dining. A ticketless package is still a package so the same rules apply; $200 deposit at booking with the balance due at the 30 day mark and the package cancellation rules. It used to only be bookable via phone, but now if you have an AP or tickets linked to your MDE account you can book a ticketless package online.

I just got off the phone with Disney Reservation Center. Only waited about 10 minutes to talk to a CM. She was kind, positive attitude, and willing to help. She was able to move our dates from 9/10-9/14 to 9/12-9/16. Same room rate at AKL, and we were able to keep our Free Dining! She transferred me to Dining, and they moved all our reservations around with no problem. Also rescheduled our Starlight Safari with another lovely CM at AKL who had actually left me a voicemail with her direct number. Done with everything in just 45 minutes. (Although the CM said the Guest Relations line had a 5+ hour hold time.) They also assured me that if things weren't back to normal by 9/12 that I could call back to cancel/reschedule again. We are lucky to have flexibility with our dates and that we are driving from Atlanta, so don't have to deal with flights. I just couldn't believe it....I was expecting the worst and ended up with a really good outcome. So very thankful. Especially since this is a birthday surprise for my husband and our first kid-free vacation in years!

Original Reservation was for 2 nights at Boulder Ridge Villas 1 bedroom, 40% mil discount, then 5 nights YC SV CL with 40%. After 7 hours on the phone combined yesterday we are rebooked with the 40% mil rate the GF CL. We lost a day and it cost me a little more money, but the GF is awesome. We will miss the YC location for Food and Wine but are so grateful as that was the only room on the entire property we could get. That included shifting dates like crazy.

Has anyone made a reservation change online? It doesn't look like it's going to charge me any 'fees' to do it. But, I'm reluctant to hit the enter key :scared: and get a nasty surprise penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter