Irma Cancel Borrowed

RedM94

DIS Veteran
We were booked to arrive at the BCV today through next Saturday. I was able to cancel today from my reservation and still have the rest of our trip booked. I was told by the CM that my points would go into my 2017 UY even though they were 2016 points. I have a December UY.

I just checked my account, and the points back to 2016. I thought I read a similar post on the boards from others with the same UY issue. Anyone have any luck moving the points to 2017?

I was told by the CM I spoke to this morning that my points will be moved around, but there are "special forms" that need to be filled out for each circumstance. This will require time. It usually requires 24-48 hours, but because of the sheer number of incidences this weekend, we can expect these cases to take closer to a week. I was told to check my account in 7 to 10 days and call back if things don't look the way she told me they should. Not sure if this applies to you, but I can imagine they are inundated with special cases that will require additional attention. I hope yours is simply one of those that will be corrected in several days' time.

@aring75 Thank you for your reply. I called back and was told that my 2016 Dec UY points will be banked into 2017. As you pointed out, it will take several days to correct / post in the system.

@RedM94 You are quite welcome. So glad to hear everything is going to work out for you! One less thing to worry about.

The first time I called I was told I used all Oct banked points and if I cancelled I would need to used my points by Sept 30, 2017

The second time I called, I was told they were not banked points and they would be put back into my 2017 use year

I don't know if they were doing me s huge favour or what but I was super happy.

( Also said it would take a week or so to complete this )

I have a one bedroom starting on Wednesday do you think everything will be ok by then ???

I have a one bedroom starting on Wednesday do you think everything will be ok by then ???
This is hard to know. We won't know what kind of damage the parks will have sustained. They haven't had a hurricane this size directly hit Disney area in a long time. We were scheduled to come in on Sat, but I canceled my first 3 days and we are planning for tues. Driving south on 95. A lot depends on how I95 fairs.

Late to the party but I had a CM "unborrow" points (without asking!) when we had to cancel a trip last minute due to emergency surgery. All handled in one phone call too (although the CMs are a bit busier right now of course). I made sure to do the post-call survey after that exchange.

If you get the right one DVC CMs can do just about anything.

My holding points have all been reallocated. They spent a lot of time on my account. I had to cancel 2 reservations. One reservation was booked at the 11 month window with banked points. They actually reallocated all those points and moved points back into my 2018 points.....I'm not easy because I have 7 contracts and 3 homes....I'm happy that I don't have 88 banked points that I need to use.

I cancelled my Sept 9-16 BCV on Thursday. Disney Rep stated that points would be first put into holding than reallocated through a manual transaction into my Sept 2017 use year. That reallocation could take 48 hours. So far my points are still in holding. If they are not out of holding by Monday I will call them back.

I cancelled my Sept 9-16 BCV on Thursday. Disney Rep stated that points would be first put into holding than reallocated through a manual transaction into my Sept 2017 use year. That reallocation could take 48 hours. So far my points are still in holding. If they are not out of holding by Monday I will call them back.

Last year, we had to cancel due to Matthew and it took about a week for my holding points to be changed. Due to the number of people that had to cancel, they told me it would take awhile to get to everyone. She had told me up to 2 weeks so I was actually happy when it took only the week! LOl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter