• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ipod Touch recommendations--help please!

TanyaLovesPooh

DIS Veteran
I will be getting an Ipod Touch soon and was wondering what case & or protective shield you would recommend?

There are so many out there that it makes my head spin. :lmao:

I just got an Ipod touch last week. I got the Hello Kitty plastic cover from the Apple website. It is super cute !!! I got the one with the red/white/blue hello kittys all over......and its a good protector. ;)

I got a clear plastic one at Best Buy that has a kickstand. Works great when watching movies on a plane or desk. On the last flight I was on everyone in my row was watching a movie on their ipod touch's. They were all holding them in their hands and glancing over at little smug me with the stand, drinking my juice and eating my pretzels. :)

http://www.dlo.com/products/view/VShell_touch2G

My son is wanting one for his 12th birthday this month, but I don't know if they are sturdy enough to hold up to a 12 year old boy's abuse. How tough are they?

Mine has been knocked off my desk a few times with no issues.

I got a clear plastic one at Best Buy that has a kickstand. Works great when watching movies on a plane or desk. On the last flight I was on everyone in my row was watching a movie on their ipod touch's. They were all holding them in their hands and glancing over at little smug me with the stand, drinking my juice and eating my pretzels. :)

I like the idea of the stand and that looks like a snug fitting case. Thank you. :thumbsup2

Thank you all for your responses. If anyone has another case to recommend, please do so!

MMM loving that, may have to get me one of those.

Right now I have a body glove rigid shell (wal mart less then 10 dollars) on it for protection and just the clear plastic static screen protecter it comes with.

It travels in my backpack with a nepoprene envelope (my friend bought them online it came with three and she gave me one) or with a Vera Bradley media case(bought a discontinued fabric for about 12 bucks). Both of these hold it with the body glove on it.

My son is wanting one for his 12th birthday this month, but I don't know if they are sturdy enough to hold up to a 12 year old boy's abuse. How tough are they?

Get a rigid case and that helps with drops (I've dropped mine twice), I also use a soft case in my bags so it doens't get scratched plus is an added layer since my bag gets bumped/dropped/thown around.

My ten year old nephews play with mine and they are good with it. They also use thier parents IPhones regulary. No big accidents yet.

However they have been using IPODS both thier own and ours since they were around 7 and they've had other screen sensitive items, they know they have to be treated with care. The touch screen is the biggest danger on the touches, they need to be protected more, as long as he realizes that they have to be treated differently than a regular mp3 he should do fine.

I have been using an iPod case made from a premium cashmere silicone. It includes a screen protector, microfiber cleaning cloth and matching earcaps. That’s the best one I got for my iPod. You’ve got plenty of options but choose the case carefully so that it protects your iPod from dust, fingerprints and also let you to access all the controls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter