iPod Help Please

kayeandjim00

<font color=purple>Now living in Onderland!<br><fo
I purchased the iPod mini today and now playing around with it all realize I do not have the required 2.0 USB just a 1.1. Anyone else dealt with this? It did work as I tried to transfer something and had no problems. Would it be a long term issue to use the 1.1 or is it just slower? Additionally, if I do buy a 2.0 USB card is it hard to install. I have NEVER attempted anything remotely like that with my computer. The only thing I've ever done is install software. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. ::yes::

no long term effects, just slower. MUCH SLOWER.

Installing a 2.0 usb card shouldn't be too hard. Just follow the instructions and plug it into a pci slot.

It'll be slower and more importantly it won't charge off a USB 1.1 port; it will only charge off a firewire or USB 2.0 port (or the mains of course) :)

Rich::

Since I have no idea what a PCI slot is :teeth: I'm even more afraid now. :scared1: Is this easy even for someone who has no idea how to even OPEN said computer and get to this PCI slot? :)

kayeandjim00 said:
Since I have no idea what a PCI slot is :teeth: I'm even more afraid now. :scared1: Is this easy even for someone who has no idea how to even OPEN said computer and get to this PCI slot? :)

Its not hard at all, even for someone lacking the knowledge of computers as yourself.

Besides, these days, everyone needs to know a little about computers. Its time for you to join the rest of the population :)

Thanks for your help. Looks like that will be my goal for tomorrow - I'm off to buy a 2.0 USB card. :)

So how do you like your Ipod Mini. I was thinking about buying one too. I didn't see a big difference between the regular Ipod and the mini besides the fact that it holds more music.

DizzieDizney said:
I was thinking about buying one too. I didn't see a big difference between the regular Ipod and the mini besides the fact that it holds more music.

You didn't notice the extreme size difference? :confused:

chadfromdallas said:
You didn't notice the extreme size difference? :confused:

Oh yea and that too... :teeth: ..also you can change the face's on the regular one, right?

I just bought a mini ipod three days ago and had the same problem. Luckily it's easier to install a PCMCIA card into a laptop. After fighting with loading the driver (wouldn't load with the Windows Service Pack 1.0 for XP so it had to be deleted) it went fairly smoothly. The ipod did take MANY hours connected to the USB 2.0 port to fully charge - it might be worth eventually getting one of those plugs to directly charge it.

Good luck - so far this is kinda fun. Right now the BeeGees are singing in my ears...

I got my iPod mini at Target for $199.00 and it came with the adapter for charging through an outlet. I was looking around the apple site tonight and it looks like buying it there for the same price it doesn't come with one. I definitely will prefer to do it that way I think. As for how I like it - so far so good. :teeth: It's amazing how much music I THOUGHT I had. I'll be spending lots of time on itunes to build up my collection. ::yes:: It is definitely a fun toy - I'm buying accessories now. An armband and a car adapter. I bought one today but be warned - the belkin one sold at Target is not very good. Or at least the one I got wasn't. The background noise was awful! I'm going to pick up the itrip - I like the concept and hope it works as well as it seems it would. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter