iPhone google maps - help needed please

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Disney Addicted, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Disney Addicted

Disney Addicted DIS Veteran

When I map out a route it shows me three possible routes. However, I know from using google maps on my computer there's another faster way I'd like to go.

How the heck do I move the blue line though? Once I start coming around Lake Michigan I want to switch from 80 to 88/39 north through Rockford onto 90 toward Bloomington.

Through the iPhone google maps keeps me on to Iowa City and then north to Bloomington. But that's almost 2 hours longer.

We leave tomorrow morning. I'm googling for this information but if anyone knows how I'd appreciate it!

EDITED: This is the route I'd like
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/AC+...1bfc2abf863!2m2!1d-78.688019!2d43.9126042!3e0

THis is the route my phone keeps giving me:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/AC+...1bfc2abf863!2m2!1d-78.688019!2d43.9126042!3e0

2. FigmentSpark

FigmentSpark DIS Veteran

What happens if you hit the "send directions to my iphone" from your computer?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Disney Addicted

I didn't know I could do that! I'll look for that right now. thank you!

5. Disney Addicted

That should have worked. It does text me a link. But when I click the link, google maps opens up and has me taking the ferry across Lake Michigan instead. (wry grin).

Damn technology. (sigh)

6. jcourtney

jcourtney Mouseketeer

I would try adding a stopover in Madison or something to force it to go through there.

7. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

+1^^^

Yup, I'm with @jcourtney, if you can't drag the line on your iPhone just add a waypoint. That's how I used to have to do it on the desktop version before they started allowing you to drag the blue line to a new route.

pigletto and Donald - my hero like this.