iPhone battery in the park

grapefruitjellybean

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question so feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

I have an iPhone 11Pro. The battery drains so fast even though I got a new one installed a few months ago. I’m probably going to get the newest iPhone this weekend. My question is how long does the battery last on a full Disney day. I’ll be the one making plans, checking schedule, booking rides and everything else. I’ll be getting a MagSafe, is one enough?
Thanks!

If your battery is draining that quickly there are plenty of ways to reduce batter usage.
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-save-battery-life-on-your-iphone

• Use "low power mode"
  • turn down screen brightness
  • I would normally say "turn off location services" but there are plenty of photo pass lenses that need location but again you can toggle it on and off
  • make sure you have closed out of all map programs by swiping up (google maps, apple maps) as they tend to be huge battery hogs

It really will depend on your battery and what you do in the parks. I went with a new iPhone in Jan and it lasted all day but I also did not use it for any games in lines.

Even though I had a new phone I still took a portable battery and used it some days.

I never went below 70% for the half day(probably from 7-2ish) and that was with my 8 year old ready books on the phone during lunch. My other son who just played games constantly throughout the day never have below 50%. We generally head back to the hotel during the afternoon. If we were out from morning until after dinner time my guess would be that you would be pushing the battery with no recharge. I always carry a battery pack with me because some days drain more than others

I never went below 70% for the half day(probably from 7-2ish) and that was with my 8 year old ready books on the phone during lunch. My other son who just played games constantly throughout the day never have below 50%. We generally head back to the hotel during the afternoon. If we were out from morning until after dinner time my guess would be that you would be pushing the battery with no recharge. I always carry a battery pack with me because some days drain more than others
What kind of phone do you have?

My iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts all day, and I do all the web work for the family. I have brought a power pack in my camera bag, but I've never used it.

Check your battery health in your settings. If it was just replaced and you are having battery problems, something else is going on. It's either constantly trying to connect to a poor cell service or wifi, or there is something going on in the back ground that is draining things. I brought an 11 Pro to the parks with a new battery, and would be at around 25% by the end of a typical day. I did bring a charger just in case, and would use it some days to get a little extra juice on a long day.

I have the ProMax 13, be activated since the day they came out, just to give an idea of how long the battery has been in use
It can last all day in the parks.
I don't use it tons outside of MDE stuff though. I'm not a huge social media user so no posting/reading/etc. I don't use it for games
I may put 1 FB post up for a general family update once a day, if that.
I may check email for work some.
I do use an Apple Watch so it is running a bluetooth connection back and forth for that.
I keep it on Disney WiFi usually. I pretty much let it just run whatever connection it wants, be it WiFi or Cell
I don't even carry a portable charger any more.

What kind of power bank do you use?

I have several, but my favorite is this one. Not sure if the link will work, but this is my favorite power bank when it comes to size vs capacity and charging speed. It'll do 18W output so it will charge my iphone to 50% in 30 minutes.

https://www.ravpower.com/products/rp-pb203-30w-pd-portable-charger

They can be found on Amazon for much less, look at the picture as the name can change, search "15000 mah power bank". I have power banks from Anker as well and those are also good.

I have a iPhone mini 12, so the battery is a bit smaller, but I'm hard on my phone in the parks. Constantly on MDE, or playing a game, or twitter, or whatever. I actually bring about 6 different power banks with me to disney. The main one I use and linked above is great when I'm carrying a park bag. I have smaller ones like 4000mah and 2000mah if we're not bringing a bag with us that fit in my pocket and aren't too heavy. I have a 10000 mah Anker, and a huge 36,800 mah powerbank I use on the plane if needed. We have a ton of devices when we travel. 3 phones, 2 ipads, e readers, wireless headphones. It's pretty ridiculous tbh.

My wife usually does not have to charge her phone while we're at the parks. She has a 12 pro max which has a larger battery, and she's not on the phone all day like I am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter