iOS 7 Now Available

With an iPhone 5S, after the upgrade, how do we close open apps?

We use to hit the round button on the bottom of the phone twice and the open apps would appear we would hit the little x on them and they would "close". Now, we cannot find how to do this.

Can anyone please help.

Thank you.

With an iPhone 5S, after the upgrade, how do we close open apps? We use to hit the round button on the bottom of the phone twice and the open apps would appear we would hit the little x on them and they would "close". Now, we cannot find how to do this. Can anyone please help. Thank you.
You hit the round button still. However instead of hitting the x, you swipe it up. Click on the link to the article I posted above. It goes over how to do it.

Thanks for the tip, I am trying those. I noticed a slight decrease in battery life since upgrading, hopefully those tweaks will make up the difference. I am all for saving battery. I start to get all jittery and nervous when I dip below 50%.

What are background app refresh and parallax?

What are background app refresh and parallax?

Background App refresh is where the apps will continue to run in the background. In order iOS, the apps would continuously run in the background for 10 min before being closed down so you can save battery life. This is helpful, say your GPSin(track your movement) and listening to music while you run. You would set it to music so u can control it, so "technically" GPS app would shut down after 10 mins, this will allow it to keep running...

Parallax is the effect where the icons on your phone looks popped up and the background moves when u rotate/tilt your phone.

Corporate IT put out an e-mail yesterday that under no circumstances was anyone to update their iphones.
The phones that have been upgraded can only send and receive texts, no other functions or Apps work. (Can't make or receive calls, no 4G, no Wifi, etc)

Corporate IT put out an e-mail yesterday that under no circumstances was anyone to update their iphones. The phones that have been upgraded can only send and receive texts, no other functions or Apps work. (Can't make or receive calls, no 4G, no Wifi, etc)
What model/carrier do you use? I've not had any issues aside from battery drain even though I've turned off all suggested items.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Corporate IT put out an e-mail yesterday that under no circumstances was anyone to update their iphones. The phones that have been upgraded can only send and receive texts, no other functions or Apps work. (Can't make or receive calls, no 4G, no Wifi, etc)

Why?

I am happy that the link has been helpful! I read through the info but I have not tried it all.
Sorry. I have not tried zooming on the video.

my guess it's something IT has done with the corporate phones.

I also see no point in turning off all the new features. The background apps lets things like the twitter and facebook clients update your twitter feed in the background. There is still a time limit, it won't let the apps just run wild.

Airdrop is something you could turn off, but I'm sure it doesn't use very much battery if you're not using it, and parallax is cool.

What model/carrier do you use? I've not had any issues aside from battery drain even though I've turned off all suggested items.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Different locations use different carriers, so it is not carrier related. Apparently none of the Apps we use are supported by the new OS even though they are supposed to be.

The only person I know of at our location that has an Iphone at work (we're almost exclusively Android) and upgraded sent out a note warning to call his land line (he is on call this weekend) because he can not send or receive calls, just texts, and he said to say who you are if you text because the upgrade dumped all his contacts.

All over my head, I don't have a smartphone of any kind. Oh, and the guy with the dead phone said the line at the Genius Bar and the Apple store was unreal with people with issues with the upgrade.

Different locations use different carriers, so it is not carrier related. Apparently none of the Apps we use are supported by the new OS even though they are supposed to be.

The only person I know of at our location that has an Iphone at work (we're almost exclusively Android) and upgraded sent out a note warning to call his land line (he is on call this weekend) because he can not send or receive calls, just texts, and he said to say who you are if you text because the upgrade dumped all his contacts.

All over my head, I don't have a smartphone of any kind. Oh, and the guy with the dead phone said the line at the Genius Bar and the Apple store was unreal with people with issues with the upgrade.

im guessing all calls and txt go through another app rather than stock?

[QUOTE="oh and the guy with the dead phone said the line at the Genius Bar and the Apple store was unreal with people with issues with the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

What is an "issue" to some is a simple setting change to others. I hate it when people who don't know how to get around technology on a most basic level, bash an operating system. I'm surprised at how many people cant figure out how to go into preferences and play around till things work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter