Ioa Closing Early On 9/27

Hi Ho To Disney We Go

We say we're not going back for awhile but we alwa
Just wanted to give anyone going about this time a heeads up that Universal will be closing early to the general public on Sept 27 at 7:00 pm . Southwest Airlines Employees are having their Spirit Party there that night.

I just looked at the park hours and 7P closing at Universal is their normal scheduled time to close anyway. IOA closes an hour earlier at 6P. Hi Ho to Disney We Go....are you going to that party? If so have a great time!

Better check Disney's operating schedule that week too before you think it's just Universal:

Magic Kingdom: Sept 23rd to 28th: closes at 7pm
Sept 29th: closes at 9pm

Animal Kingdom: Closes at 5pm daily

Disney Studios: Closes at 8pm daily

Epcot: As always, closes at 9pm daily

You're right, the benefit is that at least 1 or 2 of their theme parks are open a "bit" later - but the Kingdom closing on weekdays at 7pm and the Animal Kingdom closing at 5pm daily MUST give you some idea how short the lines are going to be. Welcome to visiting in the off-season - give up operating hour, but gain NO LINES!
:)

Originally posted by CoasterFEV

Welcome to visiting in the off-season - give up operating hour, but gain NO LINES!
:) [/B]

If there are no lines the, the length of time that the park is open means nothing. and you will be just as worn out. :bounce:

We love our trips to IOA each year and really
wanted to go this year. I can't remember IOA
closing at 6PM last year. We are going the
same week this year and the early closing may
keep us from going. I am seriously considering
just sticking with an all Disney trip for the
longer hours. Can anyone try to convince me
that I should still go to IOA? I just love
Spiderman and lots of other things that we
don't want to miss. Help with ideas if you
can.

Is it just me or do ya think this post went south? I dont believe the original poster meant for this to be a comparison of Universal Hours to Disneys. I think they just thought IOA was closing early due to a party. I dont believe this was a complaint on shortened park hours.

Mustangdi you stated you loved your prior trips. You need to be convinced to keep your plans? I was there when park closing was 6 and 7P last year...had plenty of time to do and see it all due to smaller crowds. You say you love spiderman and many things you dont wanna miss. If thats the case, you convinced yourself:) I hope I dont sound rude or mean I just dont believe that anyone that has already experienced IOA/Universal needs convincing. If you think you would have a better experience at Disney then go for it.

All parks usually close earlier because lines tend to be short during September (except during Labor Day).

I wasn't sure what time IOA closed at that time of year. I just wanted to let you all know that if they were open later that it was closing early. I wish I were going, but before they announced the party I already had my vacation planned for the week prior to WDW. I miss the party by 2 days. I being low person on totem pole out SW probably wouldn't have gotten time off anyway, but at least I was able to get some people to switch with me so I could go on my vaca and they can go t othe party and bring me back pictures. Chat with you later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter