Intro and question

alabamaalan

<font color=green>Alan, you can run, but you can't
Happy New Year to everyone!

My DW and I made the decision to try Atkins after seeing such positive results with aquaintances.

Of course, we decided this in November and said we would start after all the holidays are over which put us in the mindset of "Let's eat all we can now because we will start a diet in January!" :rolleyes:

I have never been a dieter before, although I did lose weight with Slim-Fast shakes about 2 years ago. I discovered the following things about myself:

1. Surprisingly, I can drink a shake at breakfast and lunch and not be hungry.
2. Eating pure junk for the third meal, forgetting the plan completely on weekends, and having no exercise whatsoever, are not conducive to weight loss. :p

I wonder why I didn't lose more? :teeth:

In any event, we have the book, a recipe book, and a pocket carb counter and plan to start induction tomorrow.

Our main concern is for taking multivitamins which neither of us do now. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to take, because there are so many daily multivitamins out there.

I would appreciate any reccomendations (ex. Is "One a day" for women/men sufficient when coupled with an additional potassium and calcium tablet?) As long as you are recieving 100% of a vitamin, does it really matter if you receive 500% or 1300% of it? :confused:

Naturally, I am a "Meat and potatoes" (I'll miss those!) kind of guy and prefer my meals simple and plain, although DW enjoys more variety than I do.

My main drawback is a distaste for most green veggies! I am not a salad eater, and my green preferences are almost exclusively Cabbage and Green Beans so we will have to see how this goes.

In any event, wish us luck and I hope to check in regularly.

Alan,
Stop in your local Health Food store -- or even a GNC and ask what vitamins they would recommend for a low carb eating plan. In the book -- Atkins suggests the actual percentage of each vitamin that he recommends. Remember to have your DW take calcium supplement too. And be sure to drink LOTS of water --- at least 8-10 glasses every day.

Click HERE to visit an excellent low carb message board. (BUT still check back here with us on WISH too).;)

Visit my low carb Journey page here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter