• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Intimate Vow Renewal

umaangel00

DIS Veteran
DH and I decided to not go with the big plan I had been planning with the premium package. I have made reservations already for us. What my question is is there a way to add the vow renewal to a reservation already in place? If so, how much is it?

I think you can do the Intimate add-on and I think it's like $2300 (for locations other than the pavilion). It includes everything the Intimate wedding package includes except the accommodations and park tickets. And I'm not sure, but your reservations may have to be for at least 4 nights.

hiwaygal is right and yes it does have to be at least 4 nights.

melissa

BTW...just saw this on the "birthday" board...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELMEL!! :bday: :cake: :flower3:

Ok here is my next question. Can I just rent out a location and then hire outside things for myself? IF so how much could i be looking at? Also, can I do the ceremony in my room and still have the pictures taken at disney? I won't be in a wedding dress but a bridesmaid or prom like dress.

It is my understanding that Disney does not allow weddings on their property that have not been scheduled/planned through the Fairy Tale Weddings coordinators. You cannot rent any of the locations...they are part of the package.

Now, about the ceremony in the room...many people will tell you it's not worth the risk. I read once that Disney can ask you to leave the property (that's only what I've heard...could be wrong). And getting an officiant to come to the hotel room could be tricky since many of them are "preferred" Disney officiants and doing something like what you are asking would be against Disney policy and get them off the preferred list. I get the impression that it's just not a good idea.

It sounds like you really want to have a "Disney" Wedding, but can't afford the "official" options?

You might try something at the Swan or Dolphin. They are both on "Disney property" but are not Disney owned, you might find something less expensive there.

And try doing a google search for "Orlando destination weddings"...there are other options in the area that you might consider. They won't be on Disney property...but they will be a destination wedding.

Try looking at www.yourfairytale.com and see what's there for other options.

I know a couple of other brides have asked what you are asking...searching through some old messages might help some (but I know it can be time consuming). Someone else might be able to give you more information or other options...keep searching! I know you'll find something that will make you happy and fit in your budget!

To be honest, I just want my pictures taken at Disney. I would do the ceremony anywhere else if I could just get the pictures done there. Its just a vow renewal. It's special and everything but it's a surprise to DH from me. Anyone know if I can just get the pictures taken there?

Just pictures is easy!!! Yep, you can do that...contact Disney Event Group at 330-755-2335 or Disney Photographic Services at 407-827-1578...someone at either of those places should be able to give you information on Disney Photo packages (I'm pretty sure if you give them an email address, they can send you a brochure). There are several package options and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you want!!

Did you want pictures taken in your wedding clothes in front of the castle? Because that is reserved only for Disney brides. But they will take your pics in casual clothes no problem, it's called a Honeymoon photo shoot and they will do that in any of the parks.

Nope I want pictures taken in our nice clothes. I won't be in a wedding dress per sey. I will be in a bridemaid type dress and he will be in nice slacks or a suit.

If it's white they won't do it. Doesn't matter whether you bought it from the bridal line or the BM line at the store, sorry. I don't even think they'd do it in dressed up clothes like that, honestly. They're pretty strict about that, sorry.

I have a call into them to see what I can and cant do. I hope we can do it. A previous poster said we could but I guess we will see! I can't really afford a Disney renewal ceremony. It's really expensive. LOL. I already have my room and tickets and it's still 2500 to add the ceremony on. If I could do it I would but I just dont see how I can with only 8 months to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter