• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Internet for The Swan

blh906ohio

Earning My Ears
I can't seem to get a definite answer to this question. How much is the internet at the Swan ? Thanks all. 1st time at the WDW and the Swan.

But the Swan is not a WDW resort. I stayed at the Dolphin 2 weeks ago, and needed to have internet access for work for 1 day (24 hour period). The Dolphin charged 13.95 for one continuous 24 hour period. I would believe that the Swan would be the same.

If I am wrong someone please point it out to me, if I have been overcharged by the Dolphin. I have the room charges printed out.

If I am wrong someone please point it out to me, if I have been overcharged by the Dolphin. I have the room charges printed out.
I thought it was $14.95 at the Dolphin when we were there in June. I bulked and opted to go Internet-free for the couple of days we were there. More and more it feels like the Dolphin is nickel-and-diming its guests. They dropped the "resort fee", but started charging for parking, their Internet is the highest I've seen in recent years at any hotel I've stayed at, and when we went to the pool I was given a slip of paper that said if someone walked off with our towels or we didn't return them personally to the pool staff we'd be charged $10 each.

Now they are accounting for towels:scared1:

I'll be at the Swan in a couple of weeks so thanks for preparing me. They never did that the last few years. The only thing the guy at the booth asked was to see my room key to verify I was a guest. So does this paper have your name on it?

The fee is correct for the internet for a 24-hour period. I heard they are charging for the internet and parking separate because alot of guests that don't use either were complaining about the resort fee since they don't use it.

So does this paper have your name on it?
Yes, they ask for a room key and your room number. They noted the room number and the number of towel we took on a clipboard and wrote the same on the paper slip we were given. The stupidest part was that in the evening after the hotel staff leaves they leave the fresh towel cart for anyone to use!

I heard they are charging for the internet and parking separate because alot of guests that don't use either were complaining about the resort fee since they don't use it.
Westin's parent company Starwood Resorts has been the subject of at least one class action lawsuit over their "resort fees". See Link. The beef was that Weston was being dishonest about their room rates because "resort fee" was hidden and not advertised to the customers in advance. Over time it became a legal headache as well as a PR problem and it was phased out. Originally the fee was said to cover items like the newspaper at your door, use of the fitness club, use of the pool, etc. hence the term "resort" fee.

Yes, they ask for a room key and your room number. They noted the room number and the number of towel we took on a clipboard and wrote the same on the paper slip we were given. The stupidest part was that in the evening after the hotel staff leaves they leave the fresh towel cart for anyone to use!

I'm usually a bit wet when I leave the pool and always wrap one around me on my walk back to the room. When I get back to my room I take it off and leave it for housekeeping to pick up along with the room towels. So are you saying I can't do that now?:confused3

Yep... You'd be charged if you left the pool area with your towel.

I think the parking may have been in response to folks who viewed the Swan/Dolphin as "Free parking" to avoid the parking fees. (or just for the location)
That said, you do have to "add up" the extra costs when making your decision!

I think the parking may have been in response to folks who viewed the Swan/Dolphin as "Free parking" to avoid the parking fees. (or just for the location)
That could have been eliminated with the simple addition of a gate with a room key card reader. It's pretty clear that the parking change was primarily aimed at "revenue enhancement". Not only do they earn $9 day for each hotel guest with a car, but they're also making out nicely with the day guests attending conventions at the Dolphin!

I still like the Dolphin and we were given a great room for our stay, but I couldn't help feeling like I was staying at the "Nickel-n-Dime Inn". For this stay, the distinctions between the Dolphin and WDW resorts never seemed clearer.

And then there is this distiction. For less money you are probably getting something closer to a true Deluxe hotel. The Swan/Dolphin come closer to meeting the ratings standard then any Disney Deluxe. (Don't believe me, Mobil rates the GF THREE STARS!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter