International travel restrictions

You're thinking of the other, same topic but different thread title thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/when-do-you-think-the-border-will-reopen.3800503/

I was so confused too. When I read OnceUponATime15's thread, I was going to link the post with the article and say that there were rumours that the extension is coming. Then I couldn't find the posts with the articles.

I did finally think about there being two similar threads (but then was too lazy to do the link).

I’m not surprised they will extend closure another month till a June 21. I expected border to be closed until July, maybe until after July 4

Our June flights were cancelled by WestJet last week for June 19-30. Air Canada is still flying three times a week to MCO starting in June, so we could have rebooked with them, but we decided not to risk it and moved to July when all airlines are flying to Orlando multiple times daily. Personally, I feel that the airlines will be more likely to keep their flights running once the parks announce their opening dates.

Our June flights were cancelled by WestJet last week for June 19-30. Air Canada is still flying three times a week to MCO starting in June, so we could have rebooked with them, but we decided not to risk it and moved to July when all airlines are flying to Orlando multiple times daily. Personally, I feel that the airlines will be more likely to keep their flights running once the parks announce their opening dates.
Hi, Westjet and Air Canada will take your money for bookings in July but it will be up to the Canadian government to allow flights to the US. Hoping for the best!

Hi, Westjet and Air Canada will take your money for bookings in July but it will be up to the Canadian government to allow flights to the US. Hoping for the best!
They already do :)...the restriction on non-essential travel is for land border crossings only, going into the US (however, Canada is not allowing USA citizens to fly here for non-essential, so it’s not the same rule in both directions). Any of us could fly to the US even tomorrow for non-essential purposes and we would not be stopped from doing so.

I don't see the Canada and US border opening anytime soon, with how bad the US is doing right now

I think they should stay closed for a couple more months, but as far as the cases in USA go, they have 338,000 million people and Canada has 38,000 million. They have 3x the cases per 1 mill population when they have roughly 10x more people.
I’m not sure why this keeps making the news they have so many more cases than Canada. Way more people: Makes sense.Plus all the protests they had.
Having said all that, it would be better to keep the borders closed until the cases are under control. They can’t do it forever though. Actually you can already fly between the 2 countries just have to quarantine for 2 weeks after.
In Ontario the places with most covid cases are also the biggest cities.
Hope we all get it under control sooner rather than later. Unfortunately people will not follow the government recommendations for months on end :(

Last edited:
I think they should stay closed for a couple more months, but as far as the cases in USA go, they have $338,000 million people and Canada has $38,000 million. They have 3x the cases per $1 mill population when they have roughly 10x more people.
I’m not sure why this keeps making the news they have so many more cases than Canada. Way more people: Makes sense.

But your numbers show they have way more cases than we do. If the numbers are reported per million, that's adjusted for population. They have 3x the number of cases we do AFTER you adjust for population.

We have just over 100,000 cases. They have over 3,000,000. At ten times our population, they would have 1,000,000 if we had proportanitely the same number of cases. They have 3x our number. that's why the news keeps talking about it.

But your numbers show they have way more cases than we do. If the numbers are reported per million, that's adjusted for population. They have 3x the number of cases we do AFTER you adjust for population.
We have just over 100,000 cases. They have over 3,000,000. At ten times our population, they would have 1,000,000 if we had proportanitely the same number of cases. They have 3x our number. that's why the news keeps talking about it.
They are not MY numbers, it was a direct quote from a news article. Anyway, regardless they have 338 million people and we have 38 million (something like that) in a bigger country.
Yes, the way I read it is they have 3x the number of cases. Not sure if it’s adjusted or not, the article never said that.
It’s not that surprising is all I was saying.
I don’t think this is good and in my opinion border should stay closed for a couple of months longer for sure, but like it or not it will eventually reopen.

Last edited:
They are not MY numbers, it was a direct quote from a news article. Anyway, regardless they have $338 million people and we have $38 million (something like that) in a bigger country.
Yes, the way I read it is they have 3x the number of cases. Not sure if it’s adjusted or not, the article never said that.
It’s not that surprising is all I was saying.
I don’t think this is good and in my opinion border should stay closed for a couple of months longer for sure, but like it or not it will eventually reopen.

Yes it did. The numbers you quoted say PER MILLION, which means it was adjusted.

It is not three times the absolute number of cases - it is three times the number of cases after adjusting for population size.

By the way, why the dollar signs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter