• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International Gateway with pre-park opening reservation?

Ok, I'm a total WDW newbie here so forgive me if what I'm about to ask is 100% ridiculous. Does it work in reverse? We're staying off site, but have a 7:45am ADR for Cape May Cafe. How would we get there? Will they let us walk through the park to the gateway?

You will not be able to walk through Epcot before park opening to get to Cape May Cafe. Your best bet is to drive to the Beach Club and park there while you enjoy your meal. Have fun! Cape May Cafe is one of our favorite breakfasts.

You will not be able to walk through Epcot before park opening to get to Cape May Cafe. Your best bet is to drive to the Beach Club and park there while you enjoy your meal. Have fun! Cape May Cafe is one of our favorite breakfasts.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Would it maybe be a better idea to try a later breakfast after the park has opened? Like a 9:30 or 9:45? We're definitely excited about it! We've never done ADRs or any sort of pre-planning before. We would always just wing it when I've been before. This is going to save so much headache, haha. I'm glad to hear that Cape May Cafe is a good one.

@MyrddinEmrys

I'd probably keep the earlier reservation, that way you don't need to worry about leaving the park and then re-entering again. I think you'd lose a lot of park time by switching the ADR to a later time.

Another thought would be to try for a pre-park opening ADR for Garden Grill. We like that breakfast, too; it's right up there with Cape May Cafe for us. If you aren't familiar with Garden Grill, it's inside Epcot in The Land pavilion. If you can get an ADR there before the park opens, you're setting yourself up for quick and easy access to Soarin before the rope drop crowds get there. The only downfall with this plan is you'd have to give up your Cape May Cafe ADR. Just a thought...

Sorry for the long reply. I love to talk Disney. :love:

Sorry for the long reply. I love to talk Disney. :love:

No need to apologize at all! I always worry I'm writing too much, but I'm naturally long-winded I guess. I love details, so I really appreciate it. I'll be on the lookout for Garden Grill. We'll be there for 8 days in total and have 3 of those planned for Epcot, 3 for Magic Kingdom, and one each for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Maybe we'll be able to do both Garden Grill and Cape May Cafe over the course of our stay.

No need to apologize at all! I always worry I'm writing too much, but I'm naturally long-winded I guess. I love details, so I really appreciate it. I'll be on the lookout for Garden Grill. We'll be there for 8 days in total and have 3 of those planned for Epcot, 3 for Magic Kingdom, and one each for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Maybe we'll be able to do both Garden Grill and Cape May Cafe over the course of our stay.

Eating at both sounds like a perfect solution! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter