International Gateway entrance

spider0215

Mouseketeer
I've also heard it called Epcot's back door. I am planning on using it and the walkway to HS. I see it on the maps I know I've seen it on here somewhere. My problem is my sister goes to WDW every year and has never heard of it. Says she's sure there is only one entrance to Epcot. Is this just an exit, is it open all the time or have I imagined the whole thing? It looks like it's between france and UK pavillions, is this correct? HELP!!!!!!!!!!:confused3

It's a regular entrance, open just like the FutureWorld entrance, whatever regular park hours are. I LOVE this entrance to Epcot. The only way to get there is either walk or boat from an Epcot resort (or from DHS, as the poster below stated). You can't get there by car - there's no parking on that side of the park.

It's about a 5 minute walk from the Beach Club, 10 minutes from the far side of Boardwalk. You can walk from there to the Studios in 25 minutes or so as well.

and you can also take the boat from hollywood studios. when alking out hollywood studios exit it is strait and to the left. tha boat ride is about 20 minutes and its very nice SLOW ride. i took a nap, lol.

s

If you're staying at an EPCOT resort (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan or Boardwalk), you walk or take the boat over to this entrance. Or, if you're at EPCOT and want to visit one of these resorts or the Boardwalk area, you would use this entrance.

My problem is my sister goes to WDW every year and has never heard of it. Says she's sure there is only one entrance to Epcot.

It's easy to miss, if you don't know it's there.
If you are walking from UK to France, just before you go over the bridge, you will see a path on the right that slopes down. If you look down the path, you can't really see much.

There is a full service Guest Relations/Ticket Window, a boat dock, gift shop, restrooms, lockers. It's an official entrance.

Thanks everybody, my sister's friend told her where it is but they just never have gone that way so she didn't know. Having dinner at Chefs De France and thought I'd head over to HS for Fantasmic after. Thanks again:grouphug:

You are NOT crazy!

I've actually used that entrance (and it was SUPER convenient) when I stayed at the Swan about 10 years back. From that entrance, you can access the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club, and the Disney Boardwalk via the Friendships. You can switch Friendships at the Swan and Dolphin and get dropped off at the front door of DHS.

I can't exactly remember where you come into the World Showcase, but I believe it is on the lock the separates England from France (Disney's version of the English Channel...).

Have fun!

So if we enter thru the IG at morning opening, will we be held at the gateway until 9 on the dot, or will they allow us to walk to the entrance to FW? I guess what I am trying to figure out is if the walk from the IG will actually take us longer than if we entered thru the front of the park. We will be staying at the BC, so the IG is ideal for other times of the day. Just didn't know if folks coming from the front would beat us to the Fastpasses--not that it matters too much, just curious.:confused3

So if we enter thru the IG at morning opening, will we be held at the gateway until 9 on the dot, or will they allow us to walk to the entrance to FW?

Yep, 9:00, unless you have a confirmation number for a tour or for the Princess Breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter