International Disney resorts

zoebears

Earning My Ears
Hello-sorry if there has been a thread already on this, but does anyone have a favorite Disney international resort (Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo)? If so, any recommendations regarding accomodation choices, and things to do outside of the park? We are thinking of going for a week APril 2011.

thanks!

I've been to Hong Kong and Paris (can't wait to go to Tokyo!). Both are great, but Hong Kong Disneyland is small. One or two days would be enough for a visit there. Hong Kong, itself, is fantastic, though, and a week split between the two of them would be a great vacation (you could also take a ferry to Macao). I stayed at the Hollywood Hotel there. It, and the grounds, were beautiful.

Disneyland Paris is bigger, and there are two parks--Disneyland and the Walt Disney Studios. Three days would probably make a good visit. I've stayed at the Newport Bay Club and the Disneyland Hotel there. The hotels are nice, but aren't quite up to the same standards as at Disney World. Combine three days here and the balance of the week in Paris would be fantastic. You can get from the resort to Paris very easily on a commuter train. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

We did 3 days at DLRP, staying club level at the Disneyland Hotel (it's somewhat like a smaller version of the Grand Floridian) and had the time of our lives. I really loved the resort and the parks. We did it after a week in Paris. Out of all of my vacations, this was my favorite.

I did not go to Hong Kong park while in China; it looked so small that I didn't want to go out of my way for it.

Sadly, Japan is still just on the bucket list.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! How about dining in DLP? Although I love eating in DisneyWorld, I almost feel guilty if I ate resort food while in France. Would you suggest eating at the resort, or are there good options nearby?

thanks again

Thanks so much for the suggestions! How about dining in DLP? Although I love eating in DisneyWorld, I almost feel guilty if I ate resort food while in France. Would you suggest eating at the resort, or are there good options nearby?

thanks again

Dining in DLP is a bit different than disney world Florida. to put it mildly, the French take their food seriously, even in resort parks and it shows. Not sure about the area right outside DLP since we stayed in Paris and took day trips to DLP.
I'm going back this May and centralizing in Paris once again. I love Disney but I just can't imagine not exploring Paris while I'm so close.

I've only been to Tokyo DisneySea. Loved it, but it was super super busy that day and we only got to ride each attraction once. Unfortunately we didn't have time to also check out Tokyo Disneyland.

Japan is my favorite country to travel to. :love: Tokyo is awesome. You might find it overwhelming because there are so many things to see and do. If you go to Japan, I recommend taking a slightly longer trip so you can see Kyoto and Hiroshima and maybe also Osaka in addition to Tokyo. Transportation in Japan is very easy to use. You can easily travel throughout Tokyo and other major cities on subway and train. And you can travel across the country on the bullet train.

thanks again

You must go to Walts - very upmarket (but not that expensive) we have always been treated very well here - and it's right on Main Street. We went last at Christmas - you can see the parade from a window seat here and see pretend snow (or maybe real snow, who knows)

My fav one is Paris one;) My advice is to find an accomodation around in Marne la vallee but not inside the park...You can access the park easily buy train and find an accomodation in one of the close Marne la valle train stations thats what I did last time;) xx

My fav international hotel is the Disneyland in Tokyo. It is amazing!! I have also seen the one Disneyland Hotel in Paris and the outside is beautiful as well. However the DL hotel in Tokyo again is the most amazing Disney hotel I have ever been in. Check out pics of it in my trip report over on the Tokyo Disney board.

DLP!!! As you can see from my signature, we lived in France for 2 years were annual passholders at DLP. We went almost weekly :lmao:

For eating at the resorts, my favorites are Cafe Mickey, Walt's, Blue Lagoon and Annette's.

If you want to have some good local food, it's easy to hop on the train to Paris. The station is literally right outside the Disneyland gates, and the ride into central Paris is 35 minutes.

Edited to add - the Disneyland Hotel is amazing, right at the gates to the park. My second favorite would be the Hotel New York.

I am partial to Tokyo.. but I lived nearby for several years so it was an easy day trip for us. we stayed off site at the New Sanno( military run) so can't comment on accommodations.

and Disney Sea is just different enough to make it worth the extra trip.

we had really wanted to finagle Hong Kong while DH was stationed on Okinawa for the past 2 years but instead we ended up doing Disney land (last month)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter