International adapter

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Anyone know where I may be able to get an international adapter at Disneyland resort?

I left mine at home to convert my Australian hair straightener and I REALLY need it

CVS and walgreens have none and I have my two kids with me and can’t get an Uber to target etc

Hoping that someone may know if there is a universal one somewhere on property to purchase??

Maybe Target on Harbor (about one mile south of the parks)? There also is a Walmart about 5-10 minutes north of the parks.

You might find it won’t work even with an adapter, the voltages in the US are different to Aus. You will most likely need a converter which may be hard to find. Go to CVS or Walmart and buy a cheap straightener, I recently bought one in Canada for $35 and it does a bloody good job!

Not only will a hair straightener with the wrong voltage not work, but it can break when plugged in or worse, cause a fire.

Agree with anenzender, even if you find one the adapter is gonna be the problem. And if you find that one it will most likely cost more than getting a cheap straightener through Amazon. They usually have a free month trial of Prime. I would suggest signing up for the trial month and having sent one to the hotel.

The straightener works I’ve used it here on many trips
It’s hair dryers that don’t work properly from Australia

I can’t get to target or Walmart with my kids sadly

Buy a new straightener at CVS.

But the humidity right now is just going to undo all your straightening work anyway, so maybe embrace the frizz for a couple days!

Seriously, though, this humidity is not normal and my hair yesterday was a massive poof ball within 30 minutes of being in the parks. It's a futile situation right now.

Thanks guys
I’m not someone who can use any old straightener
I ordered an adaptor from Amazon it arrived in 2 days
Hotel said it was fine to have it sent there

I was going to suggest asking if the FD or housekeeping had any. Often people forget charges, adapters, etc in the rooms and they keep a stock of them to loan out. But it looks like you ordered one.

Buy a new straightener at CVS.

But the humidity right now is just going to undo all your straightening work anyway, so maybe embrace the frizz for a couple days!

Seriously, though, this humidity is not normal and my hair yesterday was a massive poof ball within 30 minutes of being in the parks. It's a futile situation right now.
I read posts like this and am SO HAPPY to be bald.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter