Internal AKV/AKL Van for Moving Hotels

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
We have used the van that goes between Kidani and Jambo several times to have breakfast. If we stay one night at Jambo and then move to Kidani for the rest of the trip, will they allow us to ride in the van to get both us and our bags over to Kidani? It is only 2 people and a few suitcases.

I know we could walk and it is not that long of a walk, but it would be easier of we could ride in the event it is warm/hot out.

EDIT:
RESOLVED!! :)
We were able to add on at the same resort for the same room category, so we will not have to move.
Thanks for all of the feedback given below.

Last edited:
I haven’t done that, but if it’s the middle of the day and the van isn’t busy, that shouldn’t be a problem. You will need to carry your suitcases up onto the van.

You could also ask Bell Services if they can transport your luggage to the new room.

I haven’t done that, but if it’s the middle of the day and the van isn’t busy, that shouldn’t be a problem. You will need to carry your suitcases up onto the van.

You could also ask Bell Services if they can transport your luggage to the new room.
Will they move it since it is like 2 different resorts? I was under the impression Disney would no longer do luggage transfer.

I was under the impression Disney would no longer do luggage transfer
Sorry but your impression is incorrect. Disney will move luggage between resorts however they will no longer move "Cold" items as they can't guarantee "Cold" items will remain cold.

ETA: fix spelling...

Dave

Last edited:
We have used the van that goes between Kidani and Jambo several times to have breakfast. If we stay one night at Jambo and then move to Kidani for the rest of the trip, will they allow us to ride in the van to get both us and our bags over to Kidani? It is only 2 people and a few suitcases.

I know we could walk and it is not that long of a walk, but it would be easier of we could ride in the event it is warm/hot out.
You can bring your luggage to bell services or call them to come get it. They will transfer your luggage from/to any Disney Resort.
When you are in your new room call bell services to deliver your luggage to your room. Most often your luggage won’t be at your new resort until very late afternoon.
(Since these two resorts are so close it might be available sooner) You should always pack a few things in a backpack in case you need something before 4pm.

Sorry but your impression is incorrect. Disney will move luggage between resorts however they will no longer move "Cold" items as they can't guarantee "Cold" items will remain cold.

ETA: fix spelling...

Dave
So even if we stay at a completely different property, they will move our luggage? They will move water/sodas, just as long as it does not need a fridge?

So even if we stay at a completely different property, they will move our luggage? They will move water/sodas, just as long as it does not need a fridge?
Yes all Disney resorts. Yes even water / sodas. They just need to be in unopened cases or bagged for transfer.

Note: it takes multiple hours for the luggage transfer process but your items should be available at your next resort by 4-5 PM.

Dave

Yes all Disney resorts. Yes even water / sodas. They just need to be in unopened cases or bagged for transfer.

Note: it takes multiple hours for the luggage transfer process but your items should be available at your next resort by 4-5 PM.

Dave
That is perfect. We would not need anything until we get back that evening. That would allow us to get up in the morning and head to a park without worry of how to move everything.

Yep, they will absolutely move your luggage for you. Last year we started out at All Star Music for a night, then Kidani for the rest of our stay, and had them transfer our luggage to Kidani without any issue. Just drop it off at bell services in the morning as you leave to go to the park (they will be busy so budget some extra time for this) and it will be at your next hotel by the time you get back that evening.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. We were able to get a night added on at the beginning to the same resort, so no hotel or room change. :)

I would suggest to bring a roll of tape to wrap around the water and soda. I use the clear mailing tape, Don't want to lose half your water if it falls out during the truck run and it's left there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter