INTERESTING...Will they let us borrow more than 50%? One can dream....

Axelskater

Mouseketeer
Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,
Received 11:24AM - from DVC

The team at Disney Vacation Club will be implementing new technology systems which will cause most Member systems (both online and phone) to be unavailable beginning at 10 p.m. EDT on Saturday, July 17, 2021. This transition is expected to be complete on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.

This impact will include, but is not limited to:
  • Inability to book Disney Vacation Club Resort Accommodations and Exchanges (including Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, RCI, etc.) online or via Member Services
  • Inability to bank Vacation Points online or via Member Services
  • Inability to make a Dues, Loan, or Escrow payment
  • The temporary closure of Member Accounting, Member Administration and Member Services
  • Inability to start or finalize an Add-On Membership Purchase
  • Inability to access areas of the Disney Vacation Club website that require a login including the Member Dashboard

If anything it's perhaps going to fix the issues that have come up with the 50% restriction. No big system update would be required to go back to the way it was.

They are also apparently moving offices.

I am hoping that whatever work is being done allows us to be able to do more online vs. having to call. Maybe purchase specials, OTU points and even transfer between memberships if same owners!

I do wonder if the downtime is to ensure it is working well before going back live?

I just hope they fix the issue of resale owners booking reservations using borrowed points. Every time I need to borrow points to complete a reservation, I have to call MS.

I am hoping that whatever work is being done allows us to be able to do more online vs. having to call. Maybe purchase specials, OTU points and even transfer between memberships if same owners!

I do wonder if the downtime is to ensure it is working well before going back live?

Too much common sense in this post for it to all happen, and the entire system not to crash.

I'm really hoping it opens back up to being able to borrow more than 50% soon. My daughter is wanting me to book us plus her dad's side of the family for a big vacation next summer and to do so, I will need to borrow 100% of UY 2023 points. It's her contract, but she lets me usually work out all the details b/c "Mom does it better" i.e. She doesn't want to fool with all the details and I don't mind doing the legwork since I'm the nerd who enjoys the planning. So we'll use all of UY 2022 points and hopefully all of 2023 points will be available to borrow by November when I can book for end of June 2022. If not, we'll have to make several concessions and either go less days or work out something... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter