• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting new development with female face characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner had never been to Disney until October last year. He mentioned to me how the princesses ask to take his arm straight away and that it must be because they've had bad experiences in the past. It didn't bother him as he didn't care to take pics with them but I was all your turn now LOL.

According to a friend who was a face character back in the 80s, it wasn't at all rare. The only difference is that, back then, it was completely socially acceptable, so no one said anything. You only hear about it more now because it isn't acceptable anymore.

I wouldn't call it socially acceptable - people just didn't feel they were safe in their jobs if they spoke up about it. It's more that they were oppressed.

I, myself, would never think about putting an arm around a stranger's waist in the first place?

One time about 2 years ago my wife and I were walking near the front of the stage in HS..Goofy was coming out for his meet and greet over by the water, we had our back to him, all of a sudden I feel someone wrap their arm around my shoulder and kind of jump. I immediately thought "who in the world..", then saw it was Goofy lol

Nowadays someone would claim inappropriate touching :sad2:

Come to think of it, the only time I can recall actually meeting a female face character was Rogue and Storm from the X-Men over at IOA and that was only because my DD told Rogue that she was my favorite X-Man so they yanked me into a picture and acted like they were mugging me.

DH loves meeting them sohe would say you met the best. They are so much fun for him and DS to meet.

She actually gave me a kiss on the cheek and broke their rules because she whispered to me that I had no idea that so many men has rambling hands.

So she *kissed* you while talking about inappropriate touch???? Huh.

DH loves meeting them sohe would say you met the best. They are so much fun for him and DS to meet.

So she *kissed* you while talking about inappropriate touch???? Huh.
She was actually a very sweet girl and seemed to appreciate that I wasn't going to paw her. Still have the picture my daughter was sitting on my lap at the time.

Dealing with groping guests is part of the training for anyone who wants to do this job. Of course, they are the consummate professionals and never break character -- though the flip side of that is that some bad people can feel emboldened. This is a great policy.

I cannot even imagine thinking about groping a character at WDW. Horrible.

I need to work as a character handler. I would be armed with a baseball bat and anyone who tried anything would get a swift disney swipe to the knee caps.

I am fiercely protective characters. Probably cause i think they are only young, dont get paid that much, wearing costumes that are heavy and can cause neck strains (fur characters), in 90 degree heat with limited vision.

The last thing they want is to be groped or man handled.

This is how the Anna and Elsa meet and greet went back in June. They hugged my kids, but when it came to my husband (whom we made get a photo because he's a "tough guy" and it was hilarious) they immediately said, "Oh! May I take your prince's arm?"

Whatever it takes to keep these people comfortable. They have to smile how many times a day? It's hard to do that if you feel skeeved out!

I need to work as a character handler. I would be armed with a baseball bat and anyone who tried anything would get a swift disney swipe to the knee caps.

I am fiercely protective characters. Probably cause i think they are only young, dont get paid that much, wearing costumes that are heavy and can cause neck strains (fur characters), in 90 degree heat with limited vision.

The last thing they want is to be groped or man handled.

That's how my boyfriend became best friends with Donald in Paris. :D

When they were still doing the Descent des Stairs in DLH there was the usual crowd around Donald one day. A boy kept pulling at Donald's tail feathers, and it weren't light tugs. Parents ignored it, handlers did nothing. You could tell Donald was annoyed, but what was he meant to do?

After it happened the third time my boyfriend stepped in, pulled the kid off, told him "no" and shoo'd the boy off. The kid came back and tried again only to find my boyfriend standing guard behind Donald.

Boyfriend ended up getting a massive hug from Donald when the set was over and was quite popular with some fur characters after that. :D

Nowadays someone would claim inappropriate touching :sad2:

Nope. Nobody would. That's not comparable at all to what we're talking about here. But way to try and minimize young women being touched inappropriately.

Now that it’s been confirmed that these meet and greet measures have been in place for quite awhile and that it is definitely not a new development, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter