Interesting FP+ ticket issue

spiderann

Mouseketeer
So I had something interesting come up today when I went to make my 30 day FP+. I am going in a group of 4 and just me out of my entire group the system says I have reached my fast pass allotments.

Let me explain the context: I am taking two separate Disney trips in June (with two different groups). My second trip I am staying on property and already got my fast passes at 60 days (5 park days.) my first trip I’m staying off property so I had to wait for my 30 day window. After booking 2 days of FP+ For my off-property first trip, I went to book my third day this morning and that’s where I got the message. (NOTE: the tickets linked under my name in MDE for all of my 10 park days between the two trips are actually 10 1-day tickets.)

I ended up calling Disney IT and they took a look at my situation and said they couldn’t see a reason why It was telling me that I couldn’t book any more FP+. They told me to go ahead and book FP+ for the other 3 in my group and then they went in and manually added in FP+ for just me that were close to what I was able to book for the rest of the group. They did mention to me that I was not able to manually change my special FP+ in the system even though I could adjust the other ones for my group if I made changes.

Just curious if anyone has experienced this before?? I know about the 7 day and 14 day restrictions on AP tickets. But they said those rules don’t apply to my tickets.

I had a very similar situation for my March 2018 trip with my family. I had another trip in January leading a group of students, so I was also in a “two trip” type of scenario. I had a full set of FP+ booked for the January trip, and when my 60 day booking window opened for my March family trip, midway through booking (like on day 2 or 3 of FP+s), I started to get the same message. Exact same outcome with calling Disney - they had no idea why it was happening, had me book everyone else’s and then they booked mine for me...and I couldn’t change my FP+s they booked.

On a side note, once my January trip was over, MDE allowed me to book my missing FP+s for the March trip...so I ended up with 6 on those days (the three Disney IT booked for me, plus the three I was eventually able to book on my own once the other trip was complete).

On a side note, once my January trip was over, MDE allowed me to book my missing FP+s for the March trip...so I ended up with 6 on those days (the three Disney IT booked for me, plus the three I was eventually able to book on my own once the other trip was complete).

Now THAT is interesting. and you were able to use all 6 just fine?

I had a very similar situation for my March 2018 trip with my family. I had another trip in January leading a group of students, so I was also in a “two trip” type of scenario. I had a full set of FP+ booked for the January trip, and when my 60 day booking window opened for my March family trip, midway through booking (like on day 2 or 3 of FP+s), I started to get the same message. Exact same outcome with calling Disney - they had no idea why it was happening, had me book everyone else’s and then they booked mine for me...and I couldn’t change my FP+s they booked.

did you have any trouble having your special FP+ times adjusted by Guest Relations when you modified your family's FP+? (if you made changes) Disney agent said another option i could do is just go with my friends to their FP time and explain to the cast member what the issue was and see if they could just let me in with my friends. i'm leaning toward trying that when i get there.

Now THAT is interesting. and you were able to use all 6 just fine?

I was definitely able to use my "normal" 3 just fine (the ones I eventually was able to book through MDE myself). I only used 2 of the 3 that Disney made for me as we eventually made some changes to our touring plan and ended up not going on that 3rd ride and I didn't want to go on that ride on my own without my family. But the other 2 definitely worked just fine! And I will add that the 3rd special Disney-reserved FP+ that I didn't use, did not seem to count on my MDE account in a way that prevented me from booking additional same-day FP+ prior to the window opening for that specific FP+. As soon as my "normal" 3rd FP+ was tapped in, I was able to book a 4th FP+ and so on, even though the Disney-reserved FP+ was still sitting on my account for a future time.

did you have any trouble having your special FP+ times adjusted by Guest Relations when you modified your family's FP+? (if you made changes) Disney agent said another option i could do is just go with my friends to their FP time and explain to the cast member what the issue was and see if they could just let me in with my friends. i'm leaning toward trying that when i get there.

I never tried to have my Disney-reserved FP+s adjusted...so can't speak on that. It has been over a year, but I do seem to remember not being worried about this and vaguely remember the folks at Disney (when they booked the original 3 FP+s for me) telling me if I needed to change them I could contact them back and they would be happy to do so...but not 100% sure on that.

And again...not sure if my scenario matched yours for why it happened...but is certainly was similar! I remember it freaking me out during my FP+ booking morning (never dialed Disney support so fast!) - but in the end, it all worked out.

Just curious if anyone has experienced this before?? I know about the 7 day and 14 day restrictions on AP tickets. But they said those rules don’t apply to my tickets.

Yes, we had a whole thread on it before, and the problem was reported fixed, now it appears it may not be. I see that this just happened today, maybe it was because the other FP's were made before the fix? Ugh, frustrating for sure...

Yes, we had a whole thread on it before, and the problem was reported fixed, now it appears it may not be. I see that this just happened today, maybe it was because the other FP's were made before the fix? Ugh, frustrating for sure...

i tried searching for a thread but didnt find it. gosh thats annoying. when was the supposed fix? i made my 60 day FP+ a few weeks ago...

I had a similar issue. The IT guy explained it in a way that made sense, and I think also fits ops issue.
The maximum number of days of FP you can book is always the largest of:

1. Number of days of your resort reservation
2. Number of days on a single multi day ticket
3. 7

So for OP:
5 park days for resort stay then OP gets two more days for the max of 7.

Note: APs do not count as a multi day ticket for this calculation.

This doesn't seem like a glitch, but actually working as designed, but with outcomes that need manual overrides in certain situations.

I had a similar issue. The IT guy explained it in a way that made sense, and I think also fits ops issue.
The maximum number of days of FP you can book is always the largest of:

1. Number of days of your resort reservation
2. Number of days on a single multi day ticket
3. 7

So for OP:
5 park days for resort stay then OP gets two more days for the max of 7.

Note: APs do not count as a multi day ticket for this calculation.

This doesn't seem like a glitch, but actually working as designed, but with outcomes that need manual overrides in certain situations.
This is very interesting. So, basically, anyone with multiple stays, not all onsite, if everything is less than 7, will be maxed out at 7 (unless they have multiple tickets, each one greater than 7, which really, would be unlikely since an AP would work in their favor with two stays within 60 days, and that would cap them at 7 too).

OP, you don't, by chance have an AP in your account? Even if you linked regular tickets, it seems MDE defaults to AP rules if one is linked to the account.

One thing is certain. We are seeing the codes on MDE driving the guest experience, instead of the Disney rules. Seems like that is becoming more the case.

Last edited:
i tried searching for a thread but didnt find it. gosh thats annoying. when was the supposed fix? i made my 60 day FP+ a few weeks ago...

It was a reeeeaalllyy long thread and we initially thought it was limited to AP's, but then we discovered it wasn't. The later posts cover more about the problems people without AP's were having, but I can't remember precisely when we discovered that. Warning, New FP limits for Passholders with multiple stays. Obviously the title wasn't changed when we figured out it was also other ticket types, not just Passholders. The thread was closed after it appeared the issue was fixed, but it's so similar to yours it seems not everything was cleared up.

@anomamatt Would you mind reading the OP and seeing if you think this is linked to the "glitch" we all discussed in the "FP limit" thread that we thought was fixed? Here we have someone that doesn't have an AP, but is running up against a 7 day limit...

@anomamatt Would you mind reading the OP and seeing if you think this is linked to the "glitch" we all discussed in the "FP limit" thread that we thought was fixed? Here we have someone that doesn't have an AP, but is running up against a 7 day limit...

I'm guessing this isn't related to the FP window, but that would require knowing what the OP's FP window looks like.

My experience with multiple tickets on a single profile and FP booking has been confusing and erratic (what about MDE isn't?). I have never tried 10 1-day tickets to know what usually happens, but I think @PrincessArlena'sDad is correct. It makes the most sense (which might mean it cannot be, since this is MDE, after all).

I'm guessing this isn't related to the FP window, but that would require knowing what the OP's FP window looks like.

My experience with multiple tickets on a single profile and FP booking has been confusing and erratic (what about MDE isn't?). I have never tried 10 1-day tickets to know what usually happens, but I think @PrincessArlena'sDad is correct. It makes the most sense (which might mean it cannot be, since this is MDE, after all).
I came across this two years ago, so it's not just a recent issue.

We had a 14 night stay with 10 plan planned park days. I realized it was cheaper to get two 5 day military salute tickets than a single 10 day ticket.

This was our first visit with FP+, so after linking the tickets I really played around with it, and discovered i could only make 7 days of fps (within 30 days). I thought it especially strange as it obviously recognized both tickets (otherwise is just be 5 days).

I called IT and the person had no idea. So they made a ticket to go up the chain. A couple days later I got a call from an IT supervisor who explained the algorithm I posted above.

He further said since I was staying on site, once my 60 booking opened, I'd be able to book 10 days throughout my resort stay. He was right.

He also gave me his direct number, just in case it didn't work, and he'd book it manually for me. But that wasn't needed.

OP, you don't, by chance have an AP in your account? Even if you linked regular tickets, it seems MDE defaults to AP rules if one is linked to the account.

nope. No AP passholders. i actually considered getting one a year ago before i came across those FP+ limits since i knew i was taking the two different trips and staying off property for the earlier trip. turns out i am having issues anyway!

went to make more FP+ this morning and had to call Disney IT again for manual FP+ for myself. looks like i'm going to have to call them again tomorrow for my final day of FP+. at least my account is flagged now so it was a much quicker call this time.

It is like this
If you have any FP booked for any days related to a stay at a nonDisney owned anything (this includes Swan/Dolphin, SOG, DS good neighbor hotels, even locals with no stays at all), then you are limited to 7 days of FP.
or if you have FP booked related to the CL FP, as those are viewed by the system as outside the norm FP and also kick in the 7 day limit
Plain and simple.
It's not just AP holders but any. Just usually AP holders since it's unusual for ticket users to have frequent visits. They usually find APs cheaper to buy than tickets.
This is a limitation they have in place for those who do not stay on property 100% of the time and it's sort of there for the most part as a way to control AP holders who live locally from hoarding more than 7 days worth of FP at a time. I think the only way they can do it, coding wise, is to group everything 100% non-Disney owned together and apply the same limit to them.

The part I find sad is that Disney IT doesn't know this! Why on earth do they say to the OP,
I ended up calling Disney IT and they took a look at my situation and said they couldn’t see a reason why It was telling me that I couldn’t book any more FP+.

Last edited:
It is like this
If you have any FP booked for any days related to a stay at a nonDisney owned anything (this includes Swan/Dolphin, SOG, DS good neighbor hotels, even locals with no stays at all), then you are limited to 7 days of FP.
or if you have FP booked related to the CL FP, as those are viewed by the system as outside the norm FP and also kick in the 7 day limit
Plain and simple.
It's not just AP holders but any. Just usually AP holders since it's unusual for ticket users to have frequent visits. They usually find APs cheaper to buy than tickets.
This is a limitation they have in place for those who do not stay on property 100% of the time and it's sort of there for the most part as a way to control AP holders who live locally from hoarding more than 7 days worth of FP at a time. I think the only way they can do it, coding wise, is to group everything 100% non-Disney owned together and apply the same limit to them.

The part I find sad is that Disney IT doesn't know this! Why on earth do they say to the OP,

EXACTLY. but see, i've never really seen anywhere how you could have limits on your FP+ except here in the DISboards and it was for AP tickets. i'm sure it is in some fine print somewhere?? i do understand the concept though EXCEPT for the fact that the ONLY tickets linked in MDE under my name are regular tickets. like, can't they code it so that that issue is ONLY for people trying to make FP+ for themselves with an AP?? just saying lol

EXACTLY. but see, i've never really seen anywhere how you could have limits on your FP+ except here in the DISboards and it was for AP tickets. i'm sure it is in some fine print somewhere?? i do understand the concept though EXCEPT for the fact that the ONLY tickets linked in MDE under my name are regular tickets. like, can't they code it so that that issue is ONLY for people trying to make FP+ for themselves with an AP?? just saying lol
oh I agree they should be able to distinguish the difference. Just stating that they don't right now.
And I'm truly amazed they don't realize that in their IT dept

This is very interesting. So, basically, anyone with multiple stays, not all onsite, if everything is less than 7, will be maxed out at 7 (unless they have multiple tickets, each one greater than 7, which really, would be unlikely since an AP would work in their favor with two stays within 60 days, and that would cap them at 7 too).

One thing is certain. We are seeing the codes on MDE driving the guest experience, instead of the Disney rules. Seems like that is becoming more the case.

It is like this
Plain and simple.

So, interestingly, I had an unexpected experience in the opposite way today. Those of you in the AP FP glitch thread from last month may remember that I have an AP and a June stay at Swan and then a July stay at Poly <30 days later. Now that the window opening glitch is fixed, I still had expected to hit the 7 day limit because my first stay was off property, so I booked a FP for the first day of my June Swan trip, leaving 6 days open for my July Poly trip. Prior to today, I had FPs booked for ONE day in June. Today was my FP day for July Poly. I booked all 6 July days, so 7 total days of FP. Then, for fun, I went back to try to book additional days for my June trip...and it let me. So then I booked something for each day of each trip (15 days), and it let me. I also briefly tried adding a random day between now and the June stay (25ish days from now), and it let me do that despite having 15 days of FPs already booked.

I canceled everything I didn't actually want (I'm not going to the parks every day in June) because I was scared it was going to glitch (unglitch? lol) and take some away with no warning or something, but I was definitely able to book the whole length of stay for both stays (and then some), even with my first stay being at Swan.

@jkohmi but isn't Swan considered 'on-site' in regards to FP booking? It's eligible for the 60 day FP window and EMH.

@jkohmi but isn't Swan considered 'on-site' in regards to FP booking? It's eligible for the 60 day FP window and EMH.
Not typically. It's nonDisney owned and in 99.99% of every other instance it has been in the 7 day rule.
This is the only other case of someone not being held to that limit that I've read of
That's why the wording used is NonDisney owned, vs on-site

The only best guess I have is that the on-site (Disney owned) stay came 2nd and somehow overrode things. In many, or most, other cases the on-site (Disney owned) has come first. Or just another one off glitch that may never happen again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter