Insurance for ECVs

Sazuburns

Mouseketeer
I wonder if anyone can help with a query.

We were all set to rent an ECV from Randy's, but then found out that they aren't insured, so if it gets stolen or damaged it is down to us.

DH thinks this is too big a responsibility, so I'm going to find out if our travel insurance would cover it, should anything happen.

What do other people do? Do you take out insurance or just trust fate?

Thanks
Sarah

Hi, Sazuburns!

I know that when we used to use resort wheelchairs, we were always charged a deposit of $250.00 and would have been responsible if the chair were damaged or stolen. We talked with our insurance agent, and he told us that if something happened, we would only have to pay our deductible and then our homeowners insurance would pay for the rest.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Sazuburns
I wonder if anyone can help with a query.

We were all set to rent an ECV from Randy's, but then found out that they aren't insured, so if it gets stolen or damaged it is down to us.

DH thinks this is too big a responsibility, so I'm going to find out if our travel insurance would cover it, should anything happen.

What do other people do? Do you take out insurance or just trust fate?

Thanks
Sarah

What do you think will happen to it?
Theft?......take the key with you when you park it
Damage?....Try not to run into anything or off any cliffs

For over six years I have taken my own scooter and rented scooters. Relax.
If you take as much care of a scooter as you would your shoes, you'll be fine. I can't imagine someone tearing a scooter down to its component parts and boosting it out of the parks. Without a key they are useless. Worry about something else. Like will some idiot walk in front of you and cause you to run over their silly toes....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter