• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Insulin Pump and Security at Port Canaveral

DisneyDoc1895

Mouseketeer
Specific question regarding security at Port Canaveral. We are doing a couple cruises next month. My daughter is a Type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump. We know the pump cannot go thru the metal detectors - no problem, she disconnects and hands it around - they can inspect it.

But we are also bringing a loaner pump in a sealed box. Now of course we can't hand them a sealed box and say don't look in it, but the manufacturer wants a TSA inspection slip if the box is opened. No problem, but the security at these ports are not TSA. Do they have a similar slip they can give us? Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks!

Ken

My DD just walked around the scanner and they did a manual inspection of her and her pump - not sure what age your dd is - but when mine was younger they used to have me stand with her while they did this. I have never really thought about her spare pump - Its usualy in our bags and goes through the machines that way - may be I should look into that too:scared1:

Yeah, my daughter has a Tslim by tandem - it is a newer one - and they rec no Xrays. And they ship it in a box that they do not want opened - like that is reasonable in this day and age.

We aren't worried about her reg pump on her body - that is obvious and she can take it off for a minute.

I was thinking about videoing security opening it if they would be ok with that just to prove they did it and not us...

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter