Inspired by emsip...

We havent stayed at any DVC resorts but we are new members.We have been discussing with our best friends about a trip in December 2006 with both families. They have 4 and we have 4 in our family and we told them they could stay in a 2 bedroom with us. We said the room would be taken care of and she was like "well we have to pay you". I said no we get points every year and its already paid for. She said yeah but you guys had to pay for it, I told her dont worry about it and she said they will have to do something for us then. I'm sure they will buy us a meal or 2. Other than that they we will all pay our own way and maybe split some groceries for the room. I will probably make all the ADR's(with their input) and tell them what tickets I think they should buy and about airfare. They aren't sure yet if they want to drive or fly but we will be flying.

TEK224 said:
I(snip)I'm also planning a GG for Dec. 2006. I'm sending both of my sisters and their kids a letter stating the intentions of the GG. I'll list approximate prices for transportation, park tickets, meals, DQ, MVMCP, CP, Cirque, tours, etc. They can select which ones they're interested in.

I'm charging each person a $50 fee for accomodations (figure that'll cover at least my maintenance fees). The rest of the expenses is on them. A deposit will be due by a certain date, then another payment and then a final payment. If they decide they don't want to go, they can get money back as long as I haven't purchased the said item (airfare, tickets, etc). I'm not a travel agent, but I like playing one sometimes ;) Plus, the others are happy not to have to make arrangements.

We'll try to have 1-2 meals all together, but other than that everyone can do their own thing and enjoy themselves. We don't all get together that often, so the point is to enjoy each other's company and have fun while we're at it.Terri
This sounds like a great way to do it! The fact that everyone must committ and make a minimal down payment (the $50) lets them know it is truly a reservation! I like it!

I have a letter written for an October 2007 trip (not planning ahead or anything). Its for my two sisters, their families (one husband, one will be toddler, one significant other) and my parents. So nine of us total. I'll post it if anyone is interested. (Two two bedrooms, by the way....). I'm planning on handing it out over Christmas, which gives everyone nine months before they need to commit so I can make reservations. I'll post it if anyone is interested in critiquing it.

I have done the letter thing before too. I have especially used that when we have had large groups in a GV. This next trip will just be our imediate 4 plus our son's SO. I am having the kids make a list of the restaurants they want to do so we can make the ADRs 90 days out. I'm having them respond by email, and I sent them the menus etc tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter