Inspired by DVC 150 pts Club- Are You In?

How many DVC points do you have?

• None - boo hoo!

• Less than 150 points

• 150 points club - hooray

• More than 150 points (is the club jealous?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, I HAD to jump in here!

We just purchased 150 pts for SSR. The initial thought is EOY, as we also own Hilton Grand Vacation Club, and want to purchase an EOY Marriott and enough points for an Club Intrawest EOY stay.

However, my DW is now thinking in another direction and we haven't even had our first DVC stay. As she sits with her DVC book and a pen each night, she is saying that we will be adding on before we buy any other property!

So, I am guessing Add-on-itis will be causing an itch on our October 2006 DVC stay.

Now, I do have a question...

What is the purpose of adding on smaller amounts at other resorts? Can you make a reservation 11 months out for an entire points balance (all contracts) if you only own, say 100 points at the resort you added-on?

I thought you could only reserve 11 months out enough nights for the balance of points at the location of the home resort contract only.

Thanks for your "ears"!

Just started with 150 at SSR, with a use year that just began this August 1, 2005. YAY!
I can already see that it sure would be nice to have some more points so that I can book a 2BR at our convenience, rather than trying to get by with a 1BR.
Ah, well. I'll just have to fantasize about it 'til then! :earboy2:

I am in the 300 point club. Initial purchase was 180 and added on 120 a year later. It's not enough, but that's the limit I want to pay for dues.

We have 150 from BCV and are so freaking thrilled to have it!!!
We got in at an amazing $72pp, so the sticker shock on purchasing additional pts through DVC is daunting for us.
But I have become addicted to the resale site and plan to buy through there when I come across some extra cash someday!! ;)
We would like another 100pts or so I think and don't care what location it's for, since we've never had trouble getting ressies anywhere. We always go in the low season.

:sunny:
Started with 150...opted to cancel incentive in lieu of 18 more points...then..
just before our first visit in Apr '05...bought 50 more and again opted for extra
points, 6! Total of 224!!!!!! :bounce:

You do have to watch out for addonitis!

We bought our first home in mid December 1998. Went to WDW for Christmas week and came home DVC members (BWV) -- Merry Christmas AND Happy New Year!

Bought our second home in May 2000. Went to disney at end of May and came back with more points -- this time at HH.

We are now getting ready to put a bid in on our third home. Good thing it's August and we aren't headed to Disney or HH til Thanksgiving... :earboy2:

Kristen

OnMedic said:
OK, I HAD to jump in here!

We just purchased 150 pts for SSR. The initial thought is EOY, as we also own Hilton Grand Vacation Club, and want to purchase an EOY Marriott and enough points for an Club Intrawest EOY stay.

However, my DW is now thinking in another direction and we haven't even had our first DVC stay. As she sits with her DVC book and a pen each night, she is saying that we will be adding on before we buy any other property!

So, I am guessing Add-on-itis will be causing an itch on our October 2006 DVC stay.

Now, I do have a question...

What is the purpose of adding on smaller amounts at other resorts? Can you make a reservation 11 months out for an entire points balance (all contracts) if you only own, say 100 points at the resort you added-on?

I thought you could only reserve 11 months out enough nights for the balance of points at the location of the home resort contract only.

Thanks for your "ears"!

Just wanted to mention that you are correct, you can only book 11 months out with points from the particular resort. These points may be ones that were banked, current or borrowed, so 100 points could mean a 300 point ressie if you planned and made it so.

To the question, we never belonged to the 150 point club, we started with 200 BWV, and added on 50 VWL almost immediately. We now have 250 BWV, 100 VWL and 150 VB. If we were going to add on, it would be another 50 at VWL, I've decided to take my chances with BCV, if we can get in for a night or two every year fine, if not, that's OK too.

Bobbi :)

Started with 150 points at the BWV which I thought was enough for 6 and a half years. Ha! Just added 50 points at VWL.

You people are killing me! Here I am telling DW (momoftwins) that 150 pts is fine... And now she's using your responses as ammunition against me.

We also purchased SSR with 8/05 as our first UY. I am already planning on how to get more! I'd like to add another 150 so we can get a 2BR every year. Will do that when this one's paid for- should be five years, but hoping I can pay it off sooner! I need to go work on my budget now!

Started with 150 OKW then added another 70 OKW, 80 VB and just recently, 30 BWV. Total of 330

OKW and VB are my real favourites, but I like to have a few days overlooking the Boardwalk just occasionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter