Inspiration needed.....

TinkerChelle

Happy Mommy of 2
Wow! I am so amazed that I never found this forum before. I have been coming to the Dis for quite a while now and I never noticed it before! I am so happy I found it:p

I am so tired of being overweight. I have been complaining about it and just recently I have started to feel motivated enough to try and do something about it again. I am extremely plus sized and so tired of it!!! I just don't know where to start. I have done weight watchers, Seattle Sutton, Atkins(I couldn't stand it!!) and I lose some weight and stick to it for a couple of months and then slip up. Once I backslide it is over. I just can't get back up on that horse!

My friends and partner are extremely supportive and they love me just as I am, but I am the one who is fed up with it! Sorry for the rant!

I am just pleased to have found this forum and I will check in for inspiration from time to time.

Glad you found us! I am doing low carb and feeling terrific. I am also very plus sized -- but at least I am now heading in the right direction!;) I'll look forward to seeing you on the WISH board --- and good luck with getting healthier!
247/232/139
start/current/goal
5'2"
:p

I finally got fed up with extra weight one day, and told DH that was it.

We had tried Atkins a few years ago, we both got sick the first week, and gave up. But in that one week, we both lost weight.

So... I finally decided... 2 weeks wouldn't kill me. I was going to try again - this time a modified Atkins... low carb, lower fat, but not sooooo restrictive. If DH wanted, he could eat low carb with me, if not, I'd make him dinner, and fix my own.

Sure enough, by day 3 I wasn't feeling so great... but I stuck to it. By day 5, I was almost back to "normal". After that, I felt GREAT.

I was the kind of person that would think of what I'd eat next while I was eating. I was ALWAYS hungry. Food consumed my every waking minute. Really.

But, eating low-carb, low sugar, high protein, I can honestly say... I'm not hungry anymore. Simply amazing.

Now - that's not to say low-carb is necessarily right for you. Just that once you make your mind up, you CAN do it. And you can make modifications to a diet that WILL work for you... work within the basic guidelines, but do it your way.

My best piece of advice: Don't go on a diet... make a lifestyle change! :)

Good luck!

Good Luck to you an whichever plan you go with! Making up your mind is half the battle...:D

We're here when ever you need a little support!

Welcome to WISH!

I had 50lbs to lose and it was so overwhelming I would eat more! I finally got sick of it too. I knew I had to change my lifestyle, but I was just overwhelmed. I decided I would just take it a few days or weeks at a time. Any weight I lost and kept off was better than where I started.

Last year I kept track of my calories and exercise using fitday.com. I started riding my stationary bike every day while I watched TV. I lost 25lbs, then lost interest, but I did keep it off during the holidays.

This year, I just couldn't get into calorie counting again so I'm doing Atkins. I felt lousy the first week, then I felt WONDERFUL! I want to lose another 25 lbs before Thanksgiving and then keep it off over the holidays.

I agree that you have to find what works for you.

It helped me to set mini-goals along the way and have non-food rewards. Getting a new lipstick or a manicure every 5lbs really helps!

When I made a bad choice, I just got back on track and didn't let it turn into a binge.

And drink lots of water!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I had a good eating day yesterday and so far today, too. I hope to go home and take a walk.

Congrats to all of you! I hope I can see a loss, even a small one, soon. Again thanks for the kind words and the motivation to get off my butt and do something instead of just complaining about it.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter