• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside quick service

Beamerball

Mouseketeer
We will be there at the end of May. My mother in law will not want to eat outside. So, what’s the best air conditioned quick service locations? Also, where can I take my sleep hallow waffle and eat it inside (because I’m not missing out on that)!

MK - Pinocchio’s, Cosmic Ray’s, Columbia Harbor House. The Plaza is inexpensive for a TS

EP -Regal Eagle, Sunshine Seasons

AK - Satuli Canteen, Restaurantosaurus, Pizzafari

DHS - Docking Bay 7, ABC Commisary, Pizzerizzo, Sci Fi is TS on but reasonably priced.

Are they still letting you sit inside La Hacienda when you go to La Cantina during lunch hours? That was always really nice.

We will be there at the end of May. My mother in law will not want to eat outside. So, what’s the best air conditioned quick service locations? Also, where can I take my sleep hallow waffle and eat it inside (because I’m not missing out on that)!
There is no where close to Sleepy Hallow to eat inside. Guess she'll have to sit and watch while you eat?

There is no where close to Sleepy Hallow to eat inside. Guess she'll have to sit and watch while you eat?
There is, at least, the little covered outdoor area. Not the same as AC and probably not what the OP is looking for, but I have always found that covered area pleasant in the sprng and fall

Columbia Harbour is around the corner from Sleepy Hollow, probably the nearest place with indoor seating. It isn't exactly right next door, but I'd consider it workable. It's only a few minutes walk.

Columbia Harbour is around the corner from Sleepy Hollow, probably the nearest place with indoor seating. It isn't exactly right next door, but I'd consider it workable. It's only a few minutes walk.

Just be aware, if you want to do that, you'll have to wait to eat your waffle until 10:45 (unless Columbia Harbour House is opening earlier now).

Just be aware, if you want to do that, you'll have to wait to eat your waffle until 10:45 (unless Columbia Harbour House is opening earlier now).
Thanks for adding that. I didn't even consider the timing if it's a breakfast waffle. I was thinking chicken waffle. I don't know why. 🙄

I feel quite awkward walking in a restaurant with food I got elsewhere and sitting at one of their tables. Even if it's all Disney. Maybe I'm alone in that though. It would be different if someone in my group was going to order there.

I feel quite awkward walking in a restaurant with food I got elsewhere and sitting at one of their tables. Even if it's all Disney. Maybe I'm alone in that though. It would be different if someone in my group was going to order there.
To me it sounded as if the op wanted a waffle but the mil wanted to eat elsewhere. Maybe I got that wrong too. I don't think I'd take food inside to eat if nobody else in my party was ordering there. I haven't been to Columbia Harbour in a while. If they are opening the upstairs they do have a lot of available seating that's out of the way, if someone was so inclined.

They have been pretty strict about not letting just anyone in the restaurant unless you have ordered food. I can see them turning you away if you try to bring in food from another food stand. But, if you order a drink at the restaurant, then technically you have ordered from there and can take a table. Have a fun trip.

I'm not sure if others have experienced this or not, but when we've eaten at Columbia Harbour House when it's really hot outside, it seems to be not as cool as other QS indoor seating areas. I'm not sure if their AC just doesn't work as well, but it's something I've noticed there. I love the food there, but if I'm looking for place to cool down, this wouldn't be my first choice.

If you time your waffle dining to correspond with the rest of your family's Columbia Harbour House dining, I would think it would be OK to bring that in with you since the rest of the family is eating there. For me, this would make it less awkward when trying to bring food in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter