Insert Image not working

GIOny

DIS Veteran
I can't get the "insert image" icon to work. I click it on and nothing happens, it use to have another little window pop up where you would insert the image. Any suggestions:confused3 ?? Thanks Gio

where exactly are you trying to attach an image (quick reply, advanced reply, signature, etc.)?

Exit your browser and do a search for the disboards.com cookie. When located, delete it. Go back to browser and delete temp files. See if that helps.

I am also having the same problem since yesterday. I have dumped cookies and everything else, haven't changed any settings, etc.

where exactly are you trying to attach an image (quick reply, advanced reply, signature, etc.)?

I am just doing the normal "Post Reply", I've done it many many times before but for some reason it's not working now and now I see Eclpz is having the same problem.
5.gif

This has got to be a DIS problem. I also cannot post images. I tried my AOL, as well as my Comcast account and nothing. When I try to post via AOL, I get a "bleep" sound and nothing happens. When I try to post via Comcast, a strange box pops up with a space to paste the image url. But when I do this and then click "ok", only little red "x"'s show up in my post.
I've tried deleting cookies....restarting computer.......it's been going on for hours.

As for the insert image.

Do you have a pop-up blocker? When I have pop-ups I get a tiny little warning at the top of my screen in yellow that when I click on it asks if I want to allow pop-ups.

Some internet security systems will block these.

f2cad48c.jpg

I've been on these boards for years......my popup blocker is/has always been turned off for this website. So there's got to be something else going on. :confused3
I just tried to post again and my pic shows up as a little red "x".

Just wondering.....can the techs post pics ? It is being suggested that other things are at play here ? Is it just a select group of us that cannot post images any longer ? I've been a DIS'er and posting pics for 5-6 years with never a problem.

Ok....I'm on a second computer in my home now. Let's see if I can post my pictures now ?

ea6afde7.jpg

Ok, still not working........Tech mods ? Any suggestions/info please ?

Seeing if I can post pics, using the "
"....

Huffalump-Lumpy-Roo-sm.jpg

That seems to work. The DIS "click-button" that does the images automatically on here isn't working...dunno why.

agnes!

JeremyDoc2.jpg

JeremyDoc2.jpg

I just grabbed the clip in my signature, posted it using the
insertimage.gif
and manually adding the
. Seems to work here.

This seems to be some how related to firefox.

This posting done with IE7

CASTLEWISHES.jpg

Both of those show up in IE7 and neither of them shows up in Firefox.

In fact, none of the graphics in this thread show up in Firefox.

Some do not show up in IE7, but rather they show the red [X] box..

Knox

Ok, thanks. So the consensus is there IS something "off" about the image link on DIS. Looks like it has to be manually overridden now. I know it wasn't me, because I've been posting pics here for years (so I think I got the hang of it by now). I've also tried on two different computers and two different ISP's. The "image" icon is not working like it did 24-48 hours ago.
I will try and do a manual override here :

ea6afde7.jpg

Ok.....it's working now but only if I do the manual override. Were there any changes made to the image icon capabilities Dan ? I'm definitely having to post my pics differently than I did 2 days ago. I'm not imagining this....there is something different with the icon.

I can't get the "insert image" icon to work. I click it on and nothing happens, it use to have another little window pop up where you would insert the image. Any suggestions:confused3 ?? Thanks Gio

Same thing is happening to me. I'm trying to attach a smaller version of my Freedom of Speech poster and it won't let me post the image.

Well I sure am glad it's not only me ! When I click on image icon, it's definitely something different that pops up. It's changed but I can't explain it. A different "box" now pops up. Either way, I'm manually overriding and my pics are working. Not sure if everyone can see them but me though ? ;)

It worked!!!

Z.po.B2933.R.jpg

Just grab the URL and put "
" at the end.
Here are instructions written so I can understand...
Right-click on the image.
A box will come up, Properties will be at the bottom.
Left-click on Properties.
Another box will come up.
Highlight or "Select all" the URL.
"Copy" the URL onto your clipboard.
Paste the URL where you want the image to go.
Then put "
" at the end.
Preview your fabulous picture.

agnes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter