Insect Repellant in November?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
We have to be careful on space packing for our trip. Will we need insect repellant in November?

We are going to the beach one day and Sea World another in addition to DL.

Thanks. It's been a long time since I've been to California.

I've been going to DL year-round for a few years now. Mosquitoes love me and I have never been bitten @ DL. I live in San Diego and haven't had a problem this season as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have never been bitten (by a bug :flower: ) at DL. I have never worn repellent there.

Now WDW, some nasty bugs seem to get me there every time.

Gone there all times of the year and never been bitten by a thing!

If you are still concerned, consider taking some of the new insect repellent wipes rather than the spray bottles/cans. Although I've never actually USED one--anywhere--I've got them in my backpacks and fanny packs for all family outings. Just in case. :flower:

I'm sure this is a combined result of my Girl Scout training (Be Prepared!) and obsessive compulsive vacation planning. :rotfl2: Oh, and I LOVE the travel product aisle in health and beauty aids in Wal-Mart!

If you haven't seen them, the wipes are in individual packages, like little handiwipes, maybe 2" square. They should fit nicely around the edge of a suitcase. Heck, I probably have them stuffed in extra pockets in suitcases, too. :rotfl: Hmmmm. . . I'm beginning to scare myself. . .

No need for repellent in So Cal...I think the smog does them in! lol~

You really shouldn't need any, we never have.

I would definitely pack the bug spray for your trip - the individually packaged wipes are so easy and carry and use!

In it's move westward through the country, West Nile Virus has had the highest incidence level for 2005 in Calif - 771 confirmed cases, 247 of those were neuro-invasive (invade the brain and almost always cause long term if not permanent neurological and/or physical damage), and 16 deaths. Here's a link to the CDC map showing the different counties and the confirmed cases: http://westnilemaps.usgs.gov/ca_human.html.

We lost my perfectly healthy 52 yo bro-in-law 2 yrs ago to West Nile here in NJ - take precautions - it is a completely preventable disease if you can keep from getting bitten - the girl scout motto certainly applies here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter