Input please..BCV vs. BWV....GO!

JenB

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are planning (well, I'm planning. He's following lol) a 20th anniversary trip in early May. We will be spending lots of time at EPCOT and no kids are going. Can you guys give me your opinions on both? Thanks!!!

Frankly, with the exception of SAB, I think they are the same resort.

BCV is a little closer to Epcot. But I really don't like the "shortcut" which has you walking past first floor rooms.

BWV has the villas better integrated into the hotel - at BCV they are tucked behind the main resort.

BCV has the Marketplace - I haven't been to the expanded Bakery yet. And you can get to food inside or through covered areas. If its raining at BW, you'll want an umbrella.

BW has better views. Even the good views at BCV are, in my opinion, not good.

I like the kitchen table at BCV better, and the closet at BWV better. But that's a one bedroom or bigger.

BWV can feel busier and noisier. Although we got road noise all night from our BCV room...so....

I'd give the edge to BW, its my home resort though and I'm biased. We won't stay at BCV because we didn't like it any more than BWV (and frankly, liked it less - I didn't like the location of the Villas in relation to the rest of the resort - plus we didn't like our room location - which was the coveted Epcot View if your glass was half full - we found it to be the Road View and were disturbed by buses and trucks day and night) But I think they are both nice and whichever you pick you'll love the proximity to Epcot.

We much prefer the Boardwalk. We like the evening entertainment and the variety of restaurants. The Beach Club has a great pool, but otherwise it is just kind of boring to us.

The Beach Club is a bit closer to the Epcot entrance, but the Boardwalk isn't much farther.

The Beach Club has a better feature pool. The quiet pools at both resorts are equal.

The Boardwalk is a bit noisier/busier at night, but we have never been bothered by the noise once we are in our room with the balcony door shut.

The Boardwalk has Jellyrolls.

In all honesty, pick the one that has the look/theme you prefer. They are within walking distance of each others so you can easily access anything at one from the other.

They really are very similar. It all depends on what else you're into (nightlife, pool, etc.). I like them both but prefer the room colors at BCV, the Clown pool @ BWV (I'm a wierdo, I know), the ease of the Marketplace or Beaches & Cream @ BCV, the quick walk to HS from BWV, etc, etc. I can find positives at both and even though my home is at BLT, I'll never have a problem if we stay at either BCV or BWV via split stay or with my wife's folks on their points (BCV owners).

We own at BCV but just completed a week long stay at BWV. The only thing I can contribute to this topic is if you are driving pick BCV.

We drove and they put us all the way at the polar end of the resort from the parking lot, 2 doors from The Attic on the 3rd floor (thats over JellyRolls). Big time PITA. Easy access to the BW and Swan & Dolphin using the stairs which was a plus.

If you can get standard views at BWV it can save you big time points. That and you will be close to the parking lot. ;)

Either place will be awesome. Have fun!

This is exactly the kind of breakdown I was looking for...you guys are awesome!! I'm leaning towards BWV. I like the feel of being in the resort as opposed to tucked behind and I'm thinking its a closer walk to Studios! But I'm pretty sure I can't lose either way :goodvibes thanks again!!

It is a closer walk to the Studios - but the walk is longish at both resorts. I do it all the time, but most people take the boat. Its also one of Disney's least pleasant walkways - the walk under the bridge is damp - then you walk along the DHS parking lot. It isn't very landscaped.

If you plan on spending a ton of time @ SAB, then go with BC. Otherwise, BWV, hands down. My DH prefers BWV & we own at both.

I am currently at BCV with DH. Would not come back..choose BWV..BCV are too far from the main resort and pathways and the villas are so dated..badly in need of a refurb...the only draw here is SAB.

Very similar resorts...we've stayed at both and loved both.

BCV: Slightly closer to Epcot, but the Villas are kind of an after-thought type addition and therefore you have to do a bit of walking to get to the buses and SAB pool and the Marketplace. SAB is an AMAZING pool...great slide, lazy river, hot tubs, sand based in some areas for the kids. We love it! Cape May Cafe is a great restaurant. We think the theme-ing at BCV is a little prettier than BWV.

BWV: The Boardwalk is a great part of the resort. We love ESPN sports bar. It's a fun addition to have in the evening! Very close to Epcot and DHS. The Clown pool is nice, just not quite SAB. Rooms are very comparable to BCV. Haven't been there since the revamped Bakery...hopefully comparable to the Marketplace at BCV.

The resorts are obviously very similar. SAB and the distance that BCV is from BC are the major differences, because even while staying at BCV you can take advantage of the Boardwalk...either way you can't loose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter