• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Information from DCL or lack of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be a good option for DCL. Since there's a higher percentage of kids under 12 on Dream and Fantasy cruise, they may designate those 2 ships open for vaccinate and unvaccinated. While Wonder and Magic could be set for vaccinated guests. It may upset people some people, but it does give us options.

It would create less anxiety and apprehension if guests are aware ahead of time. It would only be for a little while until we all get back to some type of normal.
There is also that law in Florida that no one talks about. A lot people combine the Dream with WDW. How can you one and not the other?

I guess it’s how you define low. I do know very, very few families can afford DCL. Eliminating 55 to 70 percent of teens and kids under 12 eliminates a lot of customers. I’m not sure people are going to go out and kid their kids vaccinated for an over priced Disney cruise.
Spot on. We are not vaccinating our kids and though I’m itching to book a May 2022 cruise, I certainly wouldn’t go if things aren’t back to normal then, or if they discriminate against people for a personal medical choice.

Ugh - I was out today and had really hoped this thread would be full of new information....better luck tomorrow, I hope.

I know, its crazy. We have a cruise booked for February 2022 with the adult kids and grandkids, but I would be tempted to throw a last minute cruise together before that one depending on the protocol guidelines released. Everyone in our family is fully vaxed, to include 6 of our grandkids (from age 12 to 26) and all the parents too. our only hold up will be having to go to DMV to get a state ID for some of the kids because they may not get their passports back in time. The wait time for passports is 15-18 weeks now.

That may be a good option for DCL. Since there's a higher percentage of kids under 12 on Dream and Fantasy cruise, they may designate those 2 ships open for vaccinate and unvaccinated. While Wonder and Magic could be set for vaccinated guests. It may upset people some people, but it does give us options.

It would create less anxiety and apprehension if guests are aware ahead of time. It would only be for a little while until we all get back to some type of normal.
Wow, that would have to be an absolute nightmare for Disney to sort out.

Spot on. We are not vaccinating our kids and though I’m itching to book a May 2022 cruise, I certainly wouldn’t go if things aren’t back to normal then, or if they discriminate against people for a personal medical choice.
An interesting point. But I suspect if your children are in school, youth sports, camp, etc, you will have to deal with not being vaccinated long before you cruise.

Wow, that would have to be an absolute nightmare for Disney to sort out.
Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Carnival have all managed with different protocols for different ships or embarkation points. It's been pretty messy just because the environment and the requirements from the CDC and various ports of call have been changing, but otherwise it has worked and unlike Disney they're actively sailing. I'm sure that the operations, marketing, and PR minds at Disney could figure it out with only 4 ships (one of which already has different protocols) if it was a direction they wanted to go in.

Last edited:
Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Carnival have all managed with different protocols for different ships or embarkation points. It's been pretty messy just because the environment and the requirements from the CDC and various ports of call have been changing, but otherwise it has worked and unlike Disney they're actively sailing. I'm sure that the operations, marketing, and PR minds at Disney could figure it out with only 4 ships (one of which already has different protocols) if it was a direction they wanted to go in.
The same minds who still have not said a thing about August 9?

I guess it’s how you define low. I do know very, very few families can afford DCL. Eliminating 55 to 70 percent of teens and kids under 12 eliminates a lot of customers. I’m not sure people are going to go out and kid their kids vaccinated for an over priced Disney cruise.

One thing to note is that generally higher incomes are correlated with higher rates of vaccination for adults and children. The demographic group that can most easily afford DCL have higher than average rates of vaccination. So the US rate as a whole does not represent the vaccination rate of customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter