Infants and rides???

briane

Mouseketeer
Need some info about taking infants on rides. Is it possible to take a six month old baby on rides like Pirates, Peter Pan, Kilamanjaro Safari, etc.?

... however, I would STRONGLY advise using a sling or snugli when taking an infant on rides, because you often need to have your hands free to climb in and out of the ride vehicle. Slings work better, IMO, because on rides like Peter Pan, the safety bar comes down in front of you -- a sling can be easily shifted to the side to accomodate lowering the bar; much harder with a snugli-type carrier.

I agree about the sling. I still take mine (a Maya Wrap) with me for my daughter who is almost 2. It comes in handy when we're standing in line and she wants to be held. We did all those rides plus Dumbo when my DD was only 4 months old.

Hey, skeezixspud ... please email me, I have a question about locking my Techno for my trip next week! You don't include your email in your profile :(.

I took a 10 month old on almost everything that didn't have a height restriction. Funny thing was, I thought he would enjoy the shows, but all he wanted was to be on anything that moved. Although I did not have a sling, I could see where it would be an asset. However, my DS always wanted to be held, but hated being in the snugli.

We are going in 23 more days! My youngest will be 6mths when we are there. We are bringing the stroller. I have a sling and a carrier. I am worried that she will get to hot in one and might be better off if we just carry her?

Beware! After my DD did all the rides at 10 monthes she wants to ride everything in other parks too. Everytime we drive past a little carnival or Six Flags she points and cries if we don't stop! Don't worry though she gets to go back twice this year. Lucky girl, lucky Mommy too.

She really liked It's a small world, Peter Pan, Pooh Bear, The People Mover, and the Country Bear Jamberee.

Have fun!:)

When my ds was 5 mo old he was just fascinated my It's A Small World. It was so cute!:) Have fun traveling with baby!

Oh, a sling is a must with a baby! I used one first with our dd when she was 2 years old (great for when she didn't want to stand in lines) and again when our son was a baby! it was great. In MK where you can't take the strollers through any of the rides, the sling sure helps keep the baby close and at the same time doesn't wear your arms out. We would stroller through the park and sling through the lines. It is also great because you can breastfeed anywhere!

It can get hot, but so does just holding a baby. I have a sling that doesn't have any padding except at the shoulder and it was great! We didn't get too hot neither in September nor late April. We took our kids on anything without a height restriction too, but sure took advantage of baby swapping for those rides that did!

Enjoy your trip! The baby stations are great, but most all of the bathrooms have diaper changing stations and I only used the nursing rooms for when our babies were *very* tired. The baby stations did serve as our "lost and found" point if we got seperated (only happened once) and we also took advantage of the bottled water to refill our drinking water.
:earsgirl:

In April, my son was 15 months old, and he rode on EVERYTHING (just about).

We didn't use a sling, he just side on my lap and soaked everything up!

I saw a couple of VERY small babies (2 months) on rides at MK. They were safe and happy!

Your 6 month old will have a great time! The characters are so fabulous with babies! Mickey Mouse wanted to carry my baby! It was very cute!

We just got back yesterday with our 7 month old. I used my sling a lot. I'm glad I had it. We took our daughter on it's a small world, and even buzz lightyear. She had a great time. Have fun!

I took my daughter when she was 6 months. The dark rides were great for nursing! We rode everything except the rides with height restrictions with her.

You may want to bring something to cover your little one's ears if s/he is sensitive to sound. Otherwise, you can ride almost everything.

We took our son when he was 9 months old. I was a little nervous taking such a little guy, but it worked out great & we had a blast. He was able to ride most everything we did - including Astro Orbiter.

The one thing he did not do well in was the 4-D shows. He did not like it when it "rained" on him in these shows & when puffs of air were blown on him.

He is now 3 1/2 and loves looking back at the pictures of him as a baby at WDW.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter