Indoor pool

heathla2

Earning My Ears
We are traveling in February and looking for either a hotel, or condo community with an indoor pool available in case it is very cold. Swimming is a must for my kids.

You might want to check Best Western downtown Disney, I believe they might have one.

I don't think the Best Western has one, you better call and check. Marriott World Center does.

Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista and Embassy Suites International Drive both have them. I've stayed at both.

Here are a few more:
http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/OrlandoFL/lodging/OrlandoFLHotelswithIndoorPool.cfm

Most others are farther away, like around the airport. Be sure to double check because some advertise one but they really have access to the YMCA indoor pool.

The former Romanda Maingate in Kissimmee .I think it's called the Mangunson now has indoor pool .It's a cheap budget hotel probably under a 100 a night..Probably like 60 or 70 a night.

I have to say, for our first trips to central Florida, I was always looking for an indoor pool, too. Off hand, I don't think I ever stayed somewhere with an indoor pool, but I will tell you in more 35 trips over the last 15 years, I have never missed not having the indoor pool. And the truth is - I was the one that wanted the pool. It was always just "part of my vacation" to have an indoor pool.

Many of the pools in Orlando area are heated (including the ones at Disney) and that's really all you need. I've been in the pools when its in the 60's outside, but the pools were nice and warm.

I would focus on picking the best resort you can afford that has a heated pool over staying somewhere with an indoor pool that might not be as nice.

Good luck!

The former Romanda Maingate in Kissimmee .I think it's called the Mangunson now has indoor pool .It's a cheap budget hotel probably under a 100 a night..Probably like 60 or 70 a night.

I think when we go in december (not this year) we will stay here. :cheer2:

Many of the pools in Orlando area are heated (including the ones at Disney) and that's really all you need. I've been in the pools when its in the 60's outside, but the pools were nice and warm.

I would focus on picking the best resort you can afford that has a heated pool over staying somewhere with an indoor pool that might not be as nice.

I think this is good advice if you live up north...not so good if you live down south. There is NO way I would swim outdoors when its in the 60's. We went in October and I didn't think the pool was warm enough! :goodvibes

Last year we were swimming in the pools in the evenings when it was in the 40's and have done so previous years both on site and off. I remember swimming at CBR a few years ago at night and the next morning waking up to frost on the ground. We always go in January to take advantage of the the low crowds and to escape the Maine winters, the one big disadvantage is not being able to swim as comfortably as you could other times of the year or not being able to do a water park although I will say most years we still get a water park in, the last two years we went to Aquatic as tickets were $28 a person, the water there was heated like bath water but the breeze at the top of the slides at on a 65 degree day were chilly.

Going to the pools you wear your jacket, then you get in quick and it feels fine, the problem is when its time to get out lol.

We're local and stayed at The Hyatt Regency Cypress last week for a birthday getaway weekend. They have a huge heated pool with a water slide. Being local my idea of a heated pool & someone from up north usually differ, this pool was fabulous though! 89 degrees! Friday & Sat it was chilly and rainy but the pool was so so so nice! Even at night time it felt great! We just wore sweat pants and zip up sweaters so we were warm when we got out. I highly recommend this hotel! We've stayed at all Disney resorts and many of the 4 & 5 star off site resorts & this is one of our favorites!

You could also consider renting a pool home as well. We went late Dec/early Jan last year and rented a pool home. We paid for pool heat and it was really great, even on the chilly nights. I found this to be better than being at a resort and having to walk to/from the pool. Our kids are a little older but we could let them go in without having to sit right outside if we didn't want to.

They are not indoor pools, but FYI the timeshare condos at Cypress Point and at the Sheraton Vistana Resort keep their pools really warm and our kids were very comfortable swimming on cold December nights. We had towels ready for them and watched them wearing our parkas, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter