Indiana Jones Queue Question

gardenrooms

Mouseketeer
I just finished reading an article about the Indy refurb that said all the interactive queue elements had been restored. I've only gotten to go on Indy once since the refurb (my grandsons don't like it - yet) so maybe I just missed it, but it appeared to me the dropping ceiling had been eliminated altogether. I sure didn't see the pole. Did I just miss it? I used to love to shake that pole because it never failed that there was at least one person in the room with me who was VERY startled, obviously never having experienced it before.

(The Indy queue was so great before the lazy way Disney implemented FastPass for that ride ruined it. They should have put in a little effort to bring the FastPass line in at a later point so the standby line could still enjoy the queue instead of having to stand around outside with nothing to do or look at. Same as they did with Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.)

I know. I loved the decoders. My then young son and I decoded everything and the time in the line flew by. We felt like the kid in A Christmas Story when we figured out the last one - the catch phrase for an ad! I remember one rainy morning when we got to go in early - that was back when the Good Neighbor Hotels also got early entry, as I recall, because I think that's one of the times we stayed at The Anaheim Plaza - and we got to ride on Indy, which opened early back then, about 7 times before the park opened because the rain kept so many people away. Good memories!

Thank you for answering. I was hoping I just missed the pole!

I sure didn't see the pole. Did I just miss it? I used to love to shake that pole because it never failed that there was at least one person in the room with me who was VERY startled, obviously never having experienced it before.
That was the most fun! My favorite part of the queue.

We didn't see it in August. My bff always moves it without fail and we even checked to see if we somehow missed it. We assumed it was just broken for the mean time, so hearing it's not back yet makes me a bit sad tbh.

Can you even say you've experienced Indy if you haven't had another guest get on you about pulling on the rope?

Last edited:

The pole was definitely not there during my December trip, but the rope you can yank that goes down the shaft was there and operational. That said, I did think the ride itself and most of the effects were looking GREAT on that visit.

I was a teenage Disney rat the summer Indy opened. My friends and I LOVED the decoder cards and going through everything in the queue. Bums me out that none of my kids like this ride so I always have to find a time to ride solo.

The thunder pole never was replaced with the most recent refurb. :(

LOVE the rope. It's also the last area we get decent reception Tmobile before entering the cinema queue

Which brings me to : WHY did they change the cinema loop? Anyone know?

The thunder pole never was replaced with the most recent refurb. :(

LOVE the rope. It's also the last area we get decent reception Tmobile before entering the cinema queue

Which brings me to : WHY did they change the cinema loop? Anyone know?
I was wondering why they changed the loop too! It’s much shorter now right? Maybe because they don’t hold you in that area as long now?

I was wondering why they changed the loop too! It’s much shorter now right? Maybe because they don’t hold you in that area as long now?
A regular day, you'll experience the loop at least four times. Even on a really good day, it's 1+ cycle of it - just weird that they did that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter