• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Independent Audit Blasts Disney For Pulling ‘Bait And Switch’ On Florida: ‘A Mousetrap’

Just to say I didn't mean to call you, personally, lazy so my bad there.

It's always tough with labels but I would say many times what you refer to as the anti-woke crowd has trouble describing why they feel the way they do. Sure, sometimes it's a same sex crush that makes someone not like something and that's all they need, but oftentimes not liking something is just a vague sense of being duped into watching something that is shoe-horned in.

Disney gives us a semi-crappy movie but decides to use it as a vehicle to highlight a same sex crush instead of letting that be a part of a more excellent movie somewhere else. compare to, say, Modern Family. An excellent, funny, huge hit show for a longgg time and Cam and Mitch are a HUGE part of why that is/was.
But Disney didn't use the movie as a vehicle to highlight a same-sex crush. That was an extremely minor point with hardly any screen time. It just so happened that the main character was attracted to another boy. If he'd been attracted to a girl instead, with the script otherwise exactly the same, then there wouldn't have been any controversy. So, let's be clear about why people are against these movies. It's not just because they're average movies.

Bud Light? A lightning rod. And an obvious way for people to vote their feelings. Say what you will about that but it isn't irrational in my view.
Again, everyone was fine with the beer until a trans person liked it. The backlash is an attempt to punish the company that makes Bud Light because they dared to accept a trans person as a person and to make an advertisement with her. Not because the beer is mediocre or because the recipe changed or because some better beer came along. It's specifically an anti-trans protest.

We should avoid getting too far off topic here, though. I won't be responding to any more posts like this.

Something along the lines of how they don't want to read for you. If you want to know you can find it. At least that's how evasive I've noticed those types of replies in the past.
I mean it’s true again. All you have to do is use google, and be willing to read. Here’s an example - https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/31/i-almost-feel-bad-for-the-poor-social-media-intern-n568202
I imagine I can find plenty more. The money quote is “It was the insult, not the Dylan Mulvaney hiring, that sealed Bud Light’s fate. The Mulvaney mistake was survivable; the insults, not so much.”

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Or does that only apply to speech you agree with?
That is an intellectually flacid statement. Free speech? Common man.

Only the government can impinge on your 1st amendment rights which is the entire reason that Reedy Creek was dissolved.

Last edited:
Well, now I know that certain folks no longer drink Bud Light because they got their feelings hurt. Good for them.

You felt that or were you told to feel that? - I did read the article - and I am genuinely interested how you feel based specifically on what this article cited as evidence.
Who would have told me to feel that?

Your question assumes I “feel” something about Bud Light. I don’t. But I do observe what is going on.

I'll plead ignorance...

Here's the single line in the article that hints at "some other reason" OTHER than their "spokesperson".
Budweiser/Bud Light made the mistake of making clear to everybody that they thought their customers were too downscale to serve, and that they wanted to find a better class of customer.
But it doesn't say WHAT/HOW Bud did that.

If no one answers, I'll try to look for it tomorrow.

I'll plead ignorance...

Here's the single line in the article that hints at "some other reason" OTHER than their "spokesperson".

But it doesn't say WHAT/HOW Bud did that.

If no one answers, I'll try to look for it tomorrow.
There’s a link right there about an interview with the marketing director.

OK, I'll bite... what else?
Bud Light specifically said that they did that made the Mulvaney ad campaign because they didn't want frat boys and their traditional customer base anymore. They wanted to change their image and switch to a more sophisticated customer base. By saying that, they insulted all of their current customers and made it clear that their existing customers were no longer important to Bud Light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter