Incoming Heat Wave and Tips to Deal With It

It's so stinkin' miserable when it's hot. I've been there and done that. No thank you.
We'll be there on the 9th and I'm praying to the weather Gods that this heat breaks by then.
It's kind of like the rain....sure, you can do it but it's not great. I'd rather not.

It's so stinkin' miserable when it's hot. I've been there and done that. No thank you.
We'll be there on the 9th and I'm praying to the weather Gods that this heat breaks by then.
It's kind of like the rain....sure, you can do it but it's not great. I'd rather not.

Agreed! I hope it gets a lot cooler in the next week or so.

We were supposed to go to LA and universal this weekend….. we cancelled. We’ll live on the beach instead.

I'm gonna just say, it was already uncomfortably hot by 8am this morning. Getting an early start isn't too helpful during heat waves like this. Instead, I'd advocate for not even entering the parks until about 4 or 5pm. By then at least the sun is lower in the sky and it will feel significantly better around 7pm.

A UV umbrella is a MUST this weekend. An absolute must.
I agree, I tend to sweat a bit. When you are already struggling while standing at the gate to get in for rope drop, it's going to be a rough day. The cooling towels really save my bacon. I would wrap one around my neck and under my tshirt at shoulder level. With the hat it worked well.

Something that helps us in the heat - Get a small washcloth. The magic towels they sell in the gift shops work well. Fill a small ziplock with ice, wet the washcloth with cool water and put it in the bag. Use the towel to wipe your face and neck when you get hot. It's even better if you use the towel, then blow a fan on your face. You can refill with ice whenever you get a drink, or rewet the towel in the restroom. These were a lifesaver for us when we went to WDW in August one year.

It would be nice to be in such cool weather, but our trip isn't until the last week of September. 🥵

This is me in Cannes in July, during the record European heat wave. I’m wearing a cooling towel, one of the above mentioned dual hanging neck fans, and using a solar umbrella. I looked ridiculous, but I didn’t get heat exhaustion! Hubs did, in Avignon- spent an evening on our river cruise ship shivering violently with a high fever and nausea, after overdoing it! (He was fine after a lot of rehydration, ibuprofen, and a good night’s sleep!)
1662011725096.jpeg

I have both the Mission cooling neck gaiters and cooling towels. The neck gaiters worked better for me. If I used one of the towels, I tucked it into the front of my shirt to get as much of the towel to be right up against my skin as possible.

During our September 2016 trip it was 107 and humid. I’m in Phoenix and it was hotter there than here. Not my favorite trip but we made it work!

I wished we each had a change of clothes during that trip. Being able to take an afternoon break that included a cool shower then fresh clothes would have been great!

Also use a cooling towel in the seat of your stroller and pair it with a fan for any littles!

Just got back and thank you all for the tips. We used all of them: cooling towels, misting fans, UV umbrella. The umbrella was the one I was most skeptical about, but it turned out to be a lifesaver. Especially once the rain started on Friday, I ended up getting double use out of the umbrella!

Just got back and thank you all for the tips. We used all of them: cooling towels, misting fans, UV umbrella. The umbrella was the one I was most skeptical about, but it turned out to be a lifesaver. Especially once the rain started on Friday, I ended up getting double use out of the umbrella!
I was in Long Beach on Friday, talk about weird weather! Hot all week then, bam! High winds and rain, plus the heat. Glad you survived :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter