Included in Soft Goods Refurb?

IMarriedMyEllie

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Howdy DVC experts! What is included in a soft goods refurb? Do they replace the mattresses?

Copper Creek due for soft refurb when?

Howdy DVC experts! What is included in a soft goods refurb? Do they replace the mattresses?

As above, CCV is due in 2024, but Covid caused some delays, and PVB and VGF jumped ahead of the line. So don’t count on 2024. Think of it this way, a delay gives CCV owners more time to save up for the refurbishment via the Capital Reserves portion of their dues.

In answer to your question about mattresses, I don’t know! :cutie:

With respect to your other question, I have never seen mattresses specifically mentioned in the soft goods. It is often stated as reupholstering furniture, drapes, towels, bedsheets, broadloom and so on. Mattresses are also not specifically mentioned (that I've seen) in hard goods -- although beds are. So not sure if they change the mattresses with soft goods or not. Maybe someone will chime in with more direct knowledge.

With respect to your other question, I have never seen mattresses specifically mentioned in the soft goods. It is often stated as reupholstering furniture, drapes, towels, bedsheets, broadloom and so on. Mattresses are also not specifically mentioned (that I've seen) in hard goods -- although beds are. So not sure if they change the mattresses with soft goods or not. Maybe someone will chime in with more direct knowledge.
Thanks for giving this question some energy:) it seems odd to me that the mattress is not addressed often. A poor mattress can ruin a vacation.

Maybe they're not mentioned because they're changed more often?
A quick search on the Internet found that hotel on average change mattresses every 3-5 years. Given near 99% occupancy, DVC usage is higher than an average hotel which may be happy with 70% occupancy.

Maybe they're not mentioned because they're changed more often?
A quick search on the Internet found that hotel on average change mattresses every 3-5 years. Given near 99% occupancy, DVC usage is higher than an average hotel which may be happy with 70% occupancy.
1st OKW stay was 17 years after it opened. I'd have said that mattress was there from opening day. :duck:

During one of our stays at WL, I am pretty sure it was 2015, they replaced the mattresses during our stay!
So we literally came back to our room one night to new mattresses. There was nothing else in the room touched.
I remember we laughed because we called them fancy quicksand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter