included features

lgaston

Mouseketeer
Did anyone who stayed at any of the on-site resorts at USO got the following features?

Meal or Wet 'N Wild
Universal Express
Scheduled Shuttle-Hotel to Select Theme Parks

I read that guests at all Universal Orlando® on-site hotels enjoy special theme park benefits. And that when you book on-line trough the Universal Studio Vacations, it says guests can enjoy 1 lunch or dinner at a select Universal Orlando restaurant OR 1 day admission to Wet `n Wild(R) Orlando

Thanks!

This is a package and usually not a good deal. I say usually because I did get a package through them 3 years ago that was a great deal. You need to break down each seperate offering and price it out individually. If you are able to get a discounted room and buy your tickets online (5 day bonus pass) you can usually save a bundle.

All onsite guests are entitled to park transportaion from the on site hotels and hotel universal express. No matter what rate you book at.

Read a bit on this board to feel it all out and feel free to post more questions!

Thanks for the info Jessica. You're right I compare booking a package versus booking separetly and it does come down cheaper booking seaparetly. As I'll be leaving from Montreal, QC that's a big difference for me. Online USO reservation came up to $ 8200 CAD vs 6500$ CAD separate reserv. for 4 people.

I registered for the LoewsFirst do you know if I will get free upgrade to a club room or suite (not sure which one applies) since I'll be staying 15 nights?

LoewsFirst Platinum

Those individuals who know Loews comforts the best and have 10 qualified^ stays or 15 nights will be automatically upgraded to our most prestigious membership level, LoewsFirst Platinum. The exclusive benefits of LoewsFirst Platinum include:

(...)

Enjoy a free upgrade to a suite, guaranteed at the time of reservation

I registered for the LoewsFirst do you know if I will get free upgrade to a club room or suite (not sure which one applies) since I'll be staying 15 nights?

Not for this trip but if you go again after this trip you would be considered Loews Platnium and would then qualify for this levels benefits. For your first trip you would be considered Loews Blue. Upgrades are also dependant upon rate booked.

* Taken from Loews website*
A qualified stay is any published rate. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.
* Miles will be awarded once per stay.
** Suite upgrades are applicable to certain suite types only and subject to availability of those suites.

However depending on when you will be traveling ask for the upgrade it cant hurt and they may give it to you for free or offer it at an additional nominal cost. If you will be traveling at a high peak time your chances are slimer.

Go here and ask tinkerbarb for a Fan Club card, she is very generous and has offered this to many. When these rates become available for your dates you can call 1 800 BE A STAR and request a room using the Fan Club Card. It should save you plenty. You can also look into the Entertainment Card as they offer 45% off rack rates certain times of the year. The Entertainment rate however will not be a qualifying rate towards Loews First program.
www.entertainment.com

Book it all separately and listen to great people like Jessica. You will learn alot here from all of us and we all help each other out when possible!

Except from the HRH opening year I dont go with the package deals . If you wait on the park tickets they have specials.If your a fan club member (I am Thanks Barb) then you would know when the time is to buy.
tiggerguy2000

Originally posted by JessicaR
Not for this trip but if you go again after this trip you would be considered Loews Platnium and would then qualify for this levels benefits. For your first trip you would be considered Loews Blue. Upgrades are also dependant upon rate booked.

Correct me, if I'm wrong: So even if I have stayed at a Loews resort for 3 days I'd still be not qualified for Platnium (days doesn't adds up). I would have to stay a total of 15 nights before this trip to Orlando (??)

We stayed for 7 nights at RPR in July through a Universal Vacation similar to the one you're talking about (we had Wet n' Wild, Sea World, and length of stay passes to US, IOA, and City Walk) I am also a loew's blue member but was a little disappointed when I called Loew's recently to make sure my account was credited with 7 nights towards the Gold level. I was told "No, because you did not book with Loew's directly". Loew's is still reviewing my info to see if the 7 nights should count. I had just assumed that since US Vacations advertised the Loew's hotels as "onsite" that the 7 days would count. I know by reading these boards since booking that trip that I overpaid A LOT for the inclusions as opposed to just booking flight, hotel, etc. on my own. At the time, I just wanted someone else to take care of all the details.

Correct me, if I'm wrong: So even if I have stayed at a Loews resort for 3 days I'd still be not qualified for Platnium (days doesn't adds up). I would have to stay a total of 15 nights before this trip to Orlando (??)

To advance from Loews Blue to gold you would need 3 qualifying stays or 6 nights. To get to Platnium you would need 10 qualified stays or 15 nights. You can give them a call at 1 800 LOEWS 12 and speak to loews first customer service.

Originally posted by Eclpz314
We stayed for 7 nights at RPR in July through a Universal Vacation similar to the one you're talking about (we had Wet n' Wild, Sea World, and length of stay passes to US, IOA, and City Walk) I am also a loew's blue member but was a little disappointed when I called Loew's recently to make sure my account was credited with 7 nights towards the Gold level. I was told "No, because you did not book with Loew's directly". Loew's is still reviewing my info to see if the 7 nights should count. I had just assumed that since US Vacations advertised the Loew's hotels as "onsite" that the 7 days would count. I know by reading these boards since booking that trip that I overpaid A LOT for the inclusions as opposed to just booking flight, hotel, etc. on my own. At the time, I just wanted someone else to take care of all the details.

Ouch! It is easier to have someone else taking care of everything. That's why I was thinking about taking that package. But like you said, after reading these boards I am sure that I will save a lot more if I just book everything separately on my own.

By the way, do you know what's an upgrade to a premium room would be at the RPR? I want to know, what kind of room would be consider a "premium"

Thanks

Premium room? No, sorry I don't. That could be anything from waterview or poolview, to a suite of some sort. I do know that with our master card stay 3 nights/get one free pkg we also got a free upgrade which would have been "waterview" , but I paid $35 above that per night to stay in a regular room on club level. The way the US pkg was listed on my itinerary, the roundtrip airfare AND room cost were one big total. Trying to figure the room cost minus the 1 free night is nuts! Every time I add it up, I come out with a different $$ amt!As far as I can guesstimate, we paid roughly $240 per night for the club level. .......but would I do it again if no discounts were available? You betcha! I love that place!!!!!!! lol

IgotGold!!IgotGold!!IgotGold!! I just received a letter from Loews congratulating me on being one of their best customers with a Gold membership card enclosed!! I had never received the original Blue card from way back in April, just used my membership # on the ressie. Then I had to fax all of my confirmation stuff to Loews because they weren't going to count my 7 night stay in July at RPR because I booked a Universal Vacation. Wow! I can not wait until it's time to seriously start planning for next July!!

WOW! CONGRADULATIONS! Keep me posted about your steps to reservation. Ooohhh!! That means you will automatically upgrade to a suite!! AWESOME :-D

Gold means suite??? Sweet!!!!! I did not know that. Now as far as qualifying stays, I just want to share that it has to be rates that are rack or posted by Loews. I did not know that until now. So I will stick with my entertainment rates and be happy that I get a newspaper and milk and cookies. I know some people say it doesn't happen, but it has to me so far....

The brochure says "enjoy a free upgrade to a premium room, guaranteed at the time of reservation. Enjoy a suite upgrade for only $35 per night, if one is available when you arrive" HOWEVER, the fine print at the bottom says **Suite upgrades are applicable to certain types only and subject to availability of those suites. Question: are there other suites on Club Level at RPR besides 'First Mate's Suite, Bali, etc"? They sound like the ones that are "off limits" with the $35 upgrade. I've heard of "Hospitality Suites" on this board....are they on Club Level? Geez, I'm going to fry my brain figuring out the best way to do this next vacation! Now I know what was so nice about the Universal Pkg. deal!! lol

I'm guessing it will be one of the following. But I think you should call Loews to have more details. I sure hope it's on the club level. I can't imagine upgrading to suite and not having all the amenities that come with a club.

King Suite
A large, one bedroom suite with a comfortable living room, two TVs, two sitting areas and generous closet space.

Hospitality Suite
Ideal for casual gatherings, the living room includes a dining area, kitchenette, sofa, entertainment center and additional bathroom. The connecting bedroom reflects all the amenities of our standard room.

Royal and Presidential Suite
Be swept away in the lush and exotic grandeur of the Royal Pacific Resort's aristocratic suites. You'll feel like it's your own exclusive island retreat, complete with a large dining area, entertainment area, two full bathrooms and luxurious furnishings. The Presidential Suite also includes a separate study.

My last stay I had turn down service and a platter with all kinds of stuff like crackers, cheese,fruits and a bottle of champagne.Im still blue and I dont think they gave me credit on my blue card. I stayed in a regular garden view room.
tiggerguy2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter