• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Inclement weather conditions"

Real Disney Princess

One Ear Earned :-D
So..... as probably almost anyone in the Southeast knows, today was a day of crummy weather. There are still more showers approaching overnight, causing many children, teens and adults (including me!) to fall asleep watching the weather forecast while spread out on the couch.

I, of course, went to skool today. During our 1 hour lunch break/recess they allow us to take out phones. So I totally FREAKED when I saw tornado watches in my area!

:scared1:

:eek:

As a severe lilapsophobic (person with fear of tornadoes) and a mild brontophobic (person with fear of severe thunderstorms) I had a horrible day that included many trips to the bathroom (sorry, TMI lol) and stomach cramps all day.

I got home to find my street flooded. So I just did homework and took a nap only to be awaken by the stupid, annoying and super-loud beeps of the Emergency Alert System to notify me of a tornado warning in a nearby county. After a panic attack/crying fit, I marched to the bathroom and laid in the tub with my phone for about an hour. I even texted mom and dad to say if they needed me, I'd be safe and snug in the bathtub located in the first room on the right. :goodvibes

So that's my day. I'm still under a freaking Twister Watch, and totally ticked about it. I have a pillow near by and am typing this from a pillow fort between the two couches. Yup, I'm a lilapsophobe.

Finally, thank goodness (God Forbid it happens, knock on wood) no tornadoes came anywhere near the Mouse House. I guess the bubble that protects WDW from bad weather and demons DOES exist.

So all my fellow DISers, and lilapsophobics and Floridians, how the heck did you survive today? Tell me! :)

:thumbsup2

I live in the south east, but it hasn't been anywhere as bad as it seems it has for you l0l. in fact it's hardly rained haha. but, i like rain and thunderstorms :-)

Also a southeastern-er, and we had some showers in the mid-afternoon today, but nothing as bad as you. It was drastically colder today, though.

live in south Florida had a tornader warning near me yesterday drove through bout 30 MPH side wind Pourin rain and some lightnin was kinda fun i like riden through storms.. guess i just gotten use to bad weather from living in florida.

I live in Northwest Georgia and we've had rain once or twice (Can't Remember) but it's been VERY COLD LATELY!

I'm a Midwest girl, so I can totally relate to the tornado warning thing - we basically get them all summer long. They scare me a bit, but not nearly as bad as my little sis who I usually then have to worry about/try to keep calm during the warnings. Glad you survived them all today though! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter