Incident on DCL at sea?

I was on board this sailing and there was indeed a Cost Guard evacuation that took place on Monday from the Fantasy. Not uncommon as many have stated. Not sure of the circumstances and it didn't effect our itinerary other then a brief stop at sea.

Woah. So it did happen.
The claim was that a person died onboard... I wonder why the CG would get involved. Common sense would dictate that the next port of call would be the ideal place to retrieve the person. Interesting.

I was on the cruise too. They didn't tell us anything other than the evacuation would take place and the front of the ship would need to be clear of people. I heard later on the facebook group it was a kid who got hurt on the bunk beds but no official news or updates. It was quick.

Woah. So it did happen.
The claim was that a person died onboard... I wonder why the CG would get involved. Common sense would dictate that the next port of call would be the ideal place to retrieve the person. Interesting.

The claim that it was an onboard death was probably incorrect. The person may have heard about the evac and jumped to conclusions. As others have said they don't announce onboard deaths. Most likely it was a medical evacuation where it was felt by the onboard doctor(s) that it was best not to wait until the next port of call to get the passenger to hospital.

We were also on the cruise and observed what appeared to be a mother and child hoisted into a helicopter. It hovered, maybe around 20', off the deck above the port side of satellite falls area. It was there and gone in less than 5 minutes.

I do not want to speculate on what may have happened, but both parties hoisted into the helicopter appeared to be alert.

An announcement was made we would be slightly altering course, and slowing/turning to allow a helicopter to reach us due to a medical emergency. They also announced satellite falls would be closing until the evacuation was complete. We still made all the ports at the scheduled times.

We were on that sailing as well. We were evacuated from our cabins by several officers. Our cabin was very front of the ship, 7002. All front cabins were cleared. They told us it was a boy that was being air lifted but didn't go into any more detail. They told us the cabins were being evacuated in case of issues with the helicopter. Once the cabin was emptied they put a towel over the door handle so the other officers would know that the cabin had been cleared.
We were told to expect to be out for an hour.

And unless it involved you or your party it STILL did not pertain to you.

I'm not quite sure what point you're making/emphasizing? Mine was that people have probably heard it more than they realize because: (a) they don't know what it means, and (b) it doesn't pertain to them so they simply disregard it and forget about it. It's only because I know what it means now, that I even remember it being called.

Lucky. I've never seen a helicopter hover in real life. That is so cool.
I work in a hospital that is a trauma center in a large city. Helicopters land on the roof of a building that is probably 15 stories high. It is so loud you can hear it coming from all the surrounding buildings. It's still amazing to see and it just compels people who are out walking to stop and look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter