Inappropriate Work Attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to the Dis? You people are ridiculous. Are you 12? The OP has tried to explain her point over and over, but you just don't want to listen. Its just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. Get over yourselves people and grow up.

This post will be locked in 3...2...1....

but wasn't she attacking the women for looking "wrong" in their workout clothes? Wasn't she attacking them by commenting about it, and then posting a picture of an overweight woman in spandex?

I'm sorry, should we all agree with her? I believe she's the one who needs to grow up. She has a history of "attacking" and judging people-some who she considers friends. When you put it on a public forum, you are asking for someone's opinion. If they don't agree, it doesn't mean it's wrong. I don't see where anyone attacked her personally.

Okay, I go to the gym, A LOT. I also run, and I cycle. Anyway, I can't think of the last time I saw someone in head to toe spandex. Do people still wear those kinds of getups to work out?

Wow, so sorry I logged on today, and had an opinion. I think some of you really need to take a long hard look into yourselves and see why you are attacking someone who is simply stating a thought about what is appropriate to wear to work. I never said anything about their weight, you assumed that.

FYI - This does not mean I'll be leaving or even taking a break from the Dis. I'm not going to get pushed out by bullies who have nothing better to do than sit at their computer and show their true colors.

I will go to my grave saying NO SPANDEX AT WORK and if some morons have a problem with that, then go ahead and wear your spandex to work, to the mall, to the food store. Just more for me to talk about.

It's not the hill I would choose to die on but I gotta admire someone so willing to stick to their guns! :thumbsup2

To clarify.... Generally, I don't really care what people wear while going out. At the mall, at the movies, out to dinner - I'm not really looking at others, so I don't really care - and if its really bad, it can sometimes be a form of entertainment - lol. But at work, I just don't think its appropiate. No matter if they are realtors with set hours or not, I just think you should have a little more respect for your office than to wear all over spandex.
I think it also has something to do with the fact that the few women that do this, I can't stand for reasons other than their attire. They are loud, obnoxus (sp?) and when they walk into the office, I hide in my office!!! I really have nothing to do with them, or the reality part of the office, so I can easly stay away from them, but you can't excape their loud obnoxus voices.

on the other hand, they may be thinking that regarding your bare feet.

I see your point but I kind of think it's a different situation with realtors. Not sure how the office you work at is run but a lot of the realtors I know don't have set office hours. They do work at home, at the office and are running all over the place showing listings, etc. at all hours of the day and night so I could understand a realtor who isn't meeting with clients popping into the office after being at the gym or grocery store in casual attire to get messages, return calls etc.

If they were required to be at their desks in the office everyday from 9 to 5, then yeah, I'm with you and I'd expect to see a more professional look. Otherwise I don't think there's anything wrong with it. And I'd bet that when they're showing homes, they're decked to the nines. :)

:thumbsup2

BTW, there are a lot of people that find jeans very inappropriate for work in an office setting. We don't even have clients that might walk in but it is business casual attire. We do have dress down days but if there is going to be a site visit then any dress down day that might have been scheduled goes away. We can't even wear sandals in the summer that have anything that goes between the toes, they can be open toes but nothing between the toes.

In many places it is unprofessional attire to wear jeans as would removing your shoes.

I do have to agree on the shoe thing. I have a co-worker who always takes off her shoes in the afternoon and walks around barefoot. It gives me the heebie jeebies! :eek:

Okay, I go to the gym, A LOT. I also run, and I cycle. Anyway, I can't think of the last time I saw someone in head to toe spandex. Do people still wear those kinds of getups to work out?

I haven't seen spandex in ages...oh wait there was this old man grocery shopping that had on spandex biking shorts :scared1: with a tank type shirt over it...was not a pretty site if you catch my drift. But in the gym :confused3. I didn't know they still made spandex work out wear.

In many places it is unprofessional attire to wear jeans as would removing your shoes.

It may be better than spandex--but it doesn't constitute professional dress which seems to be your whole point.

If you have issues with the spandex, tell whoever runs this realtor office.

Your totally right - in lots of offices its not OK to wear jeans. Where I used to work, we were only allowed to wear them on Fridays. Where I'm at now, no dress code has ever been established (as far as I know), but the owner comes in wearing jeans all the time, so they are allowed. She has never, however, come in wearing spandex. And the fact that I sometimes take my shoes off behind my desk (only when I wear heals) - I don't really see that as an issue. I don't walk around the office bare foot (as a few of the other office admin have done - not for me though) I just take them off if I want to sit Indian style on my chair. If I were in an office meeting, I would never do it, only behind my own desk, in my own office space. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't care if anyone wore spandex at my office, I'd wear my pj's if I could get away with it :)

I do have to agree on the shoe thing. I have a co-worker who always takes off her shoes in the afternoon and walks around barefoot. It gives me the heebie jeebies! :eek:

I'll take my shoes off at my desk one in a while, but if I get up to walk around they go back on.

I'll take my shoes off at my desk one in a while, but if I get up to walk around they go back on.

That I can live with. This girl that walks around creeps me out not only because ... well... I just find bare feet in the office creepy, but she also has long, pointy, creepy toenails on her big toes.

(No offense to those of you with long, pointy, creepy toenails :flower3:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter