• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion, which non-Disney hotel is the best?

Saffron

Palm Tree Hugger
Just wondering! We'll be staying off site while visting Universal/IOA and I just want to get everyones' opinion.

What makes it the best? What are the "perks"?

Thanks!

You are more likely to get better response if you list a few hotels that you are interested in possibly staying at. 4 wall hotel room or condo type accomodations? Near WDW or near Universal? With a complimentay shuttle or not? That type of information will help narrow the scope of your question. We have stayed at the Hampton Oaks Vacation Resort in Kissimee and really enjoyed what we got for the cost $67 a night for a 1 bedroom but others feel that this property is located too far from Disney.

Caribe Royale...central to everything..near main roads...quiet, great pools, clean/large rooms. You don't have to go through construction to get anywhere.

Since you asked for hotels to stay at when visiting Universal/IOA the best choice are Hard Rock and Portofino. You can take a boat or walk to the parks and get preferential line treatment. Basically show your room key and right in the fast pass entrance (they say no more than a 15 minute wait). Caribe is a fine property but isn't that close to Universal and they don't run a shuttle.

Both Universal hotels are definitely on a par with Disney's, IMHO. The Portofino is one of the best around, too. I also rate the Peabody on I Drive, Marriott's Orlando World Center and the amazing Grand Bohemian downtown. The recently refurbished Wyndham resort on I Drive is a good combination of facilities, location and vfm, while the Rosen Center is one of the better convention-type hotels. And look out for the new Opryland Hotel in Kissimmee (very close to WDW) - opening in February, it should be one of the most spectacular hotels in Florida.

What about the Hyatt Grand Cypress? It certainly looks wonderful. :)

You gotta stay at the Peabody....the ducks are great. OK we can't afford the Peabody, but we sneak in to watch the duck parades!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter