In your opinion, what should I do?

homie wanna liv

TSMM Wizard!
So my DGF and I went on our first Disney Cruise last December and were instantly hooked, we did the 4 night Magic from Miami and I have been secretly trying to plan the next one without her knowing; well kinda...obviously I have asked when and where she wants to go again. The reason I am trying to be secretive is I want to pop the question on our next Disney trip :cool1:, I think I am gonna tell her we are only going to the parks for X amount of days but it would really only be one/two days then we would go on the cruise; some might suggest we do the parks and cruise half and half but we used to live in Celebration so discovering the amazing-ness of cruising has been great since the parks were a daily thing.

Now for my question, I decided we should try the newer ships since we did the Magic last time and I want to sail all the ships before doing a repeat. I was looking at doing January for the 7-night Fantasy in a CAT 05B or doing the Dream for 4-nights in a CAT 00V, we spent a fair amount of time on our Veranda and it was starboard side so we had an amazing view of CC; so I thought it was worth doing it again.

If you were me which sailing would you choose? Also is January a good time to go? Our first sailing was "empty" because it was off season and between holidays; that is what the CM's told us. The price difference is only about 1100 dollars but one is three nights longer than the other, also I have the option to book the same Fantasy sailing in September for cheaper and Main Seating(which is what we want, it is also available in January), should I have concerns about hurricane season? Also after reading another thread, it looks like it would be hard to keep the CAT 00V secret before getting on the ship...which was part of booking it so I am leaning towards the Fantasy especially since it will go to ports we have no experienced.

Thanks for your help!

PS-Hopefully my grammar wasn't terrible as I am trying to quickly type this and didn't proofread lol.

Well I can't really help you on the January VS September question. Since it's hurricane season, you're rolling the dice weather wise. The Mrs and I have always gone January/February, although 2015 we are doing a september b2b fantasy/dream cruise, so we'll see how it turns out.

I think on the Dream Vs. Fantasy front, most ppl will agree when I say that a longer cruise is better than a shorter cruise. Personally I would opt for the fantasy cruise.

Our favorite category is 5A. Reason being, we can get a deck 10 room, right near the midship elevators, which is very convenient to adult area/spa on deck 11, quick service food on deck 11, and of course the elevators/MDRs via elevators.

Some ppl complain that deck 10 rooms, you can hear too much from deck 11, especially in the AM when they are repositioning the deck furniture, but it was not an issue for either one of us.

Good luck w/ the planning/proposal, etc. :)

So my DGF and I went on our first Disney Cruise last December and were instantly hooked, we did the 4 night Magic from Miami and I have been secretly trying to plan the next one without her knowing; well kinda...obviously I have asked when and where she wants to go again. The reason I am trying to be secretive is I want to pop the question on our next Disney trip :cool1:, I think I am gonna tell her we are only going to the parks for X amount of days but it would really only be one/two days then we would go on the cruise; some might suggest we do the parks and cruise half and half but we used to live in Celebration so discovering the amazing-ness of cruising has been great since the parks were a daily thing.

Now for my question, I decided we should try the newer ships since we did the Magic last time and I want to sail all the ships before doing a repeat. I was looking at doing January for the 7-night Fantasy in a CAT 05B or doing the Dream for 4-nights in a CAT 00V, we spent a fair amount of time on our Veranda and it was starboard side so we had an amazing view of CC; so I thought it was worth doing it again.

If you were me which sailing would you choose? Also is January a good time to go? Our first sailing was "empty" because it was off season and between holidays; that is what the CM's told us. The price difference is only about 1100 dollars but one is three nights longer than the other, also I have the option to book the same Fantasy sailing in September for cheaper and Main Seating(which is what we want, it is also available in January), should I have concerns about hurricane season? Also after reading another thread, it looks like it would be hard to keep the CAT 00V secret before getting on the ship...which was part of booking it so I am leaning towards the Fantasy especially since it will go to ports we have no experienced.

Thanks for your help!

PS-Hopefully my grammar wasn't terrible as I am trying to quickly type this and didn't proofread lol.

Seven night Fantasy

Well I can't really help you on the January VS September question. Since it's hurricane season, you're rolling the dice weather wise. The Mrs and I have always gone January/February, although 2015 we are doing a september b2b fantasy/dream cruise, so we'll see how it turns out.

I think on the Dream Vs. Fantasy front, most ppl will agree when I say that a longer cruise is better than a shorter cruise. Personally I would opt for the fantasy cruise.

Our favorite category is 5A. Reason being, we can get a deck 10 room, right near the midship elevators, which is very convenient to adult area/spa on deck 11, quick service food on deck 11, and of course the elevators/MDRs via elevators.

Some ppl complain that deck 10 rooms, you can hear too much from deck 11, especially in the AM when they are repositioning the deck furniture, but it was not an issue for either one of us.

Good luck w/ the planning/proposal, etc. :)

no question! disney fantasy is right.

Seven night Fantasy

Thank you everyone for your input! It seems like everyone is pointing to the Fantasy sailing, looks like I now know what to do lol. I wanted to do a longer cruise for our second one but wasn't sure if concierge was worth it over a longer sailing.

7 Night Fantasy!! We did this same sailing this past January and doing it again next. Love it!

I would definitely do 7 night over 4 nights. We usually do cruises in September and haven't had any hurricane issues yet. Knock on wood! Lol! Anyway, I haven't been in January before so I'm not sure how cold it might be outside.

1. Always go for the longer vacation if its do-able.

2. You can't worry about hurricanes. They're inherently unpredictable. If it happens, at least you'll have a good story to tell your kids.

3. You need to enlist the help of her mom/sister/BFF/some girl to pack extra clothes and shoes for her. She will NOT be happy if she packs for a 3 day getaway to WDW only to find out its actually a 10 day cruise and land vacation. Dude, cruises have formal nights.

7 Night Fantasy, definately. Plus, since you are wanting to go in January, going to the Bahamas, you run the risk of cold weather and not being able to enjoy your verandha.

The Fantasy goes a lot further south into warmer weather year round.

Again...do the seven day Fantasy. The longer cruises you get more of a relaxing cruise. We found on the shorter cruises a lot of people are so rushed to do/try everything that the atmosphere is more "chaotic" feeling. You also get a chance to get to know your dining crew better.

We have gone in January and the weather was nice. Castaway Cay water is a little chilly but still doable.

I'd do January. It can still be hot in Sept., and I like cooler weather.

7 day, definitely, if there's a choice.

I have cruised January and Sept. I would pick September hands down. The sea days were windy and cold in January we didn't use our verandah. It was also to cold to swim at CC. We have sailed in September three times and have loved it. Have you considered May. The prices are similar to January and you will have warm weather and no threats of hurricanes.

I have cruised January and Sept. I would pick September hands down. The sea days were windy and cold in January we didn't use our verandah. It was also to cold to swim at CC. We have sailed in September three times and have loved it. Have you considered May. The prices are similar to January and you will have warm weather and no threats of hurricanes.

He can't wait until May! He's got to propose! :rotfl:

Another vote for the Fantasy. Hands down! I'll take an inside room in the Fantasy over a concierge room on the Dream. I just love the Fantasy.

January can be hit or miss. This year it was 55 and windy in Florida, but once we got down into the Caribbean it was 70s and 80s and warm. Pools were packed, so it wasn't just us perceiving it as warm! We had no issue with the water temp at CC. It was a bit chilly getting in, but you adjusted super fast. I can't stand to be cold and it was not an issue at all for me.

The only real issue was there was some wind which cancelled some excursions at GC and CC. None of ours were, though.

We went to the Western Caribbean the second week of Feb. It was in the 80's everyday and actually hot on the islands we visited. At Cozumel, the water felt awesome. We encountered no bad weather, sunny and smooth seas everyday. We did not go to CC on this cruise, but would imagine it would be chilly in Jan. Also no wind issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter