• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion what is the most UNDERrated thing in WDW?

So the other thread has a long list of popular things at WDW that some people either don't like or just don't get.

What about the opposite? Is there anything at WDW that has lots of negative reviews that you love to do? Or is there some unsung ride or show that nobody ever mentions that is a "must do" for you and your family? Maybe some sweet treat from some out of the way shop that doesn't get raved about by everyone?

A hidden gem that often gets overlooked: One Man's Dream at Hollywood Studios. I love the exhibits of all the models from when Walt was planning the parks.

Will you PLEASE be quiet?!?!

To anyone reading this the balcony does not exist and never has. Please do not try to find it.

Don't worry. Unless they bring back Figaro fries, it's not likely I'll want to enjoy that balcony again. The current menu isn't a draw.

Rain. We love it. We love seeing people scatter, and maybe hanging out in a semi-sheltered area and eating a snack and people-watching and enjoying the atmosphere. One of our best memories is eating Flame Tree Barbecue under shelter, around 7:00 PM as the sun was going down, while it was raining pretty good.

What I love about this thread is that most of these things we view as "underrated" were either part of Walt's original vision or fit right in with it. He intended to create a world where folks could escape the trappings of everyday life and be reminded to dream a little. So much of what I've read would make Walt happy, I think. You all are my people. :grouphug:

For me, it's sitting on the BoardWalk with some ice cream watching the boats go by. Love, love, love. Also, the entire area of WL, FW, the queue at Haunted Mansion (as well as the music), DHS Hollywood Boulevard, watching the little Jedis at Jedi training fight Darth Vader (the CMs narrating that business are HILARIOUS), One Man's Dream, Dole Whips. I probably forgot some--but you get the picture :)

Last edited:
People Mover. It was my son's ABSOLUTE favourite in 2010 (our first trip, and we were mid diagnostic journey for ASD, some things at WDW made him unexpectedly cry / meltdown) the fab CMs let us ride round and round one day, without getting off! it is ne of his most favourite memories.
Also carousel of Progress. My husband is not a huge fan of theme parks, but he *loved* this (and Soarin, but everyone likes that!)

having been ONE whole time... here are mine!

MK: loved the people mover and trains as well. just a nice spot to "take a load off" and look around. sometimes when juggling bags and maps and kids, you miss so much.

AK: the whole park! awesome, beautiful space with amazing theming. we loved the tiger walk area and even dino-land area. we travelled in dec so heat was not an issue for us.

EP: all the nooks and crannies of the pavilions, that is an area we will return to repeatedly if we go back this year (thus the yacht club and park hoppers this time!)

HS: street magician jack diamond. my son was 9 and really into magic. jack chose my DD to include in a trick and i could see DS was bummed. when he show was over, i introduced my son as a future magician and jack didn't miss a beat, asked DS if he wanted to learn a great trick. DS's fave memory of the entire trip!

magical express and the transportation system was pretty impressive to us newbies too!

Mickey's PhilharMagic.
Could not agree more. We skipped this completley on our first trip because I had read it was boring and a waste of time. Our second trip we decided to try it, and my 10 year old turned to me at the end and demanded to know why we hadnt done this before????? We must have done that attraction 8 more times before we left, we loved it!

I agree with so many things on this list!! COP, TTA, Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth have always been faves!

Mine though are Great Movie Ride (RIP) :(, Old Key West (idk if it's necessarily underrated but I feel like it doesn't have the same hype that other resorts get), and Garden Grill (which I guess has become more popular now but it used to be completely empty). And I agree with everyone that says the Moroccan Pavilion. It's absolutely gorgeous, quiet and full of incredible details. Plus the food is INCREDIBLE. It definitely gets on my nerves when people deem it a spot to skip!

You're right, I made it all up! Nothing to see there, folks!
Too late... I never knew it existed because we don't usually eat there. We always enjoy 2nd floor at Harbor House for similar reasons so I'll have to try Village Haus now. Thanks for the tip Ava ;) .

The tea cups! Me and my mom absolutely have to ride every time! My boyfriend nor my dad like it so the only time we get to ride is when we take our mother daughter trips.

We love the Streetmosphere skits at the Studios - we always try to build in time to hang around and catch as many as possible. I'm always amazed how many people just walk on by without stopping to watch. They are so funny!

We love the Streetmosphere skits at the Studios - we always try to build in time to hang around and catch as many as possible. I'm always amazed how many people just walk on by without stopping to watch. They are so funny!

I love this too! And on Main St! I always stop to watch the improv, and it usually ends up being a hilarious and unique memory!!

Actually enjoying your time there! My fiance was running from attraction to attraction to attraction, and I feel like he never took anything in! I could stand on Main Street for a good half hour just taking in all the little things that remind me of what Disney is really all about.

My daughter and I love to take a crowded afternoon and look at all the details put into the attractions. She loves counting Pascals, exploring the details in the castle, finding hidden Mickeys, and other such things. We also get a kick out of watching people, especially children, meeting characters or riding a ride for the first time.

Aladdin's Carpets was the first ride we ever rode at Disneyworld, when my daughter was 4 so we love it and it is first every trip. She still tries to get me wet on it.

Our other favorite less-than-thrilling attractions are COP, Laugh floor, Spaceship Earth, Frozen Sing-A-Long and all of AK.

Absolutely agree. I have a clip on DVD when my daughter got sucked into one of their skits. She actually saved me from having to participate. Stage fright and all. It ended up being hilarious and a keepsake for many memories.

Spaceship Earth, GFT & Mickey's Philharmagic (I mean I love Donald! What can I say?) It's Tough to be a Bug, Wedway, and RR. If I don't do anything else at MK I would be OK but the those 3 are a must do for me. Same goes for my picks at EPCOT and DAK. Not to forget WS at EPCOT! :love:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter